Two Days Post Op

FOXYBROWN MAMA
on 5/28/10 7:17 am
 I'm back.   I had the RNY on May 26th.  Another OH'er was on my floor.  If I have to drink another cup of broth I'll scream.  The bariatric nurse gave me a website to look at for food ideas.  www.bariatriceating.com and www.chefdave.com
If anyone has any good suggestions for pureed and soft foods, please send them my way.  NO MORE POPSICLES, for a while anyways.  I feel pretty good with the exception of a little gas stirring in the stomach.
lerkhart
on 5/30/10 9:40 am
Congratulations on your surgery Hope.  I hope you are feeling good.
I liked Wendy's chili pureed.  I also did the double milk (fat free milk with 2 tablespoons of non-fat dry mile) in that I would put a packet of the Diet Swiss Hot Chocolate(25 calories) after heating the milk. 
I also liked ricotta cheese with marinara sauce.  I ate alot of egg salad pureed.
Good luck.
Linda
14.5 lost pre-surgery  5'1 1/2"                                      LW-Apple-Gold-Small.jpg image by PlicketyCat
MARIA F.
on 5/30/10 12:28 pm - Athens, GA
Hope your feeling better!
FOXYBROWN MAMA
on 5/30/10 11:13 pm
 Thanks for the responses.  I am feeling a lot better today knowing that I can start pureed food tomorrow.  The Wendy's Chili pureed sounds great.  
deda605
on 6/6/10 7:21 am - hampton, GA
When I was early on in my surgery my food list was:
water
broth (I know your tired of it)
Jello
yogurt (no big fruit pieces)
grits
mashed potatoes
etc....
If you want to add some variety you can chew on some oranges, watermelon, bananas, (different types of fruits and veggies) but spit out the hulls when you get the juices out.

I still do that sometimes: If I have a taste for something and I cant or shouldnt be eating it, I chew it up, and spit it out.
Most Active