HI FAMILY ...NEED HELP REVISION QUESTIONS

sexysweetsweet69
on 5/20/10 2:27 am - Milwaukee, WI

I had surgery 3/2006 431  , now 255-260 - i talked to my insurance company ( united healthcare) surgery is a covered benefit as long as the dr says that it is medically necessary. 4 weeks after surgery i had a stricture and could keep food down , saliva , water nothing, when the stricture was opened the surgeron opened me back up as normal , i didn't have to chew , chew chew. I am not losing weight , i finding that i am back to yo you dieting again. I have decided to get a revision to get back on track. Since my surgery was done in wisconsin , i am having a hard time trying to find someone to do the revision, from what i am reading DS would be the best route, can some please help me trying to find a dr to do a revision. Help please.

SweetyPooh 
LAP RYN 3/23/2006

LaShelle2
on 5/20/10 3:05 am - STOCKBRIDGE, GA
For a revision the most experienced local DS surgeon would be Dr. Dennis Smith in Marietta.

You'll need to check with UHC to see who is in network for your plan. Also see if you have out of network coverage for wls or if out of network is excluded.

If you are willing to travel a few hours, you may want to consider Dr. David Voellinger in Charlotte, NC.

My surgeon Dr. Hugh Houston in Nashville is an excellent surgeon, and does the DS, but I think he has only done a couple of revisions, so he would not be my top choice for a revision DS unless he get's a little more revision experience under his belt.   

Revisions are a little more complicated and risky than a virgin surgery and since you already had a stricture, you know you may have a higher risk of complications upfront. So, go with the most experienced revision surgeon around.

You should post this on the DS forum because a lot more rny-DS revision patients are on there.

**** I AM AN OH SUPPORT GROUP LEADER ****
WHY I CHOSE DS: 
No dumping.  Highest percentage of weight loss, Best long term results,  Won't regain weight!  Eat normal sized meals,  96% diabeties, 90% high blood pressure, 80% sleep apnea cured.                                    I  MY DS!
My doctor told me to stop having intimate dinners for four unless there were three other people.    ~Orson Wells  

sexysweetsweet69
on 5/20/10 5:22 am - Milwaukee, WI

THANK YOU SOOOOO MUCH

Christy Sanchez
on 5/21/10 1:11 am - Acworth, GA
Dr Smith's office was the one who didn't want to take me.....I hope you have better luck than I did. They referred me back to my original surgeon.

Christy
Christy Sanchez

311 HW/275 Band/239 RNY/193 CW/150 GW

LaShelle2
on 5/21/10 1:13 am - STOCKBRIDGE, GA
Hey Christy. Does Dr. Smith not do revisions?

**** I AM AN OH SUPPORT GROUP LEADER ****
WHY I CHOSE DS: 
No dumping.  Highest percentage of weight loss, Best long term results,  Won't regain weight!  Eat normal sized meals,  96% diabeties, 90% high blood pressure, 80% sleep apnea cured.                                    I  MY DS!
My doctor told me to stop having intimate dinners for four unless there were three other people.    ~Orson Wells  

Christy Sanchez
on 5/22/10 7:32 am - Acworth, GA
Hi La Shelle,

I'm not sure if he doesn't do revisions or not. When I spoke to his office, Dee told me that I probably needed to go back to my original doctor. He might would take me but I'd have to obtain all the medical records and then let them review it first. It seemed so overwhelming and discouraging to me. Maybe this was just my experience but it didn't seem like they were interested in helping me.

Christy
Christy Sanchez

311 HW/275 Band/239 RNY/193 CW/150 GW

atl_diva
on 6/5/10 6:16 am - Atlanta, GA
Hi, I was just checking to see if you've had any luck? I'm basically in the same boat as you, with the same insurance. My insurance is  UHC SHBP. I'm planning on changing my insurance over to UHC HRA when open enrollment comes around in October. I'm ready to get this process on the road. 

~ Nikki ~

Most Active