VSGers Speak UP!!!

LaShelle2
on 5/19/10 7:13 am - STOCKBRIDGE, GA
I guess you all heard the news Tiff shared that shbp is covering the vertical sleeve now for both Cigna and UHC.

Would some sleeve patients pre-op or post-op like to share some more info on the sleeve with us including advantages, disadvantages, and technical anatomy stuff.

Why you chose sleve, etc. ?  How much weight have you lost and maintained?

VSG is not talked about as much as rny or band much the same way DS is a mystery to many people.  Now that we have the option, it would be nice to educate people about it.

**** I AM AN OH SUPPORT GROUP LEADER ****
WHY I CHOSE DS: 
No dumping.  Highest percentage of weight loss, Best long term results,  Won't regain weight!  Eat normal sized meals,  96% diabeties, 90% high blood pressure, 80% sleep apnea cured.                                    I  MY DS!
My doctor told me to stop having intimate dinners for four unless there were three other people.    ~Orson Wells  

freshman1
on 5/22/10 2:52 pm, edited 5/22/10 2:53 pm
Hello all,
I LOVE my sleeve.  I had it done Dec 09 and have lost 64 pounds.  I just don't get hungry the way I used to.  I followed the diet rules rigidly for the 1st three months and have eaten more normally since then.  I didn't like the idea of having any intestine removed, or the repeated adjustments with the lap band.  My weight loss has slowed but is consistently continuing.  I have about 30 more pounds to my (relatively high) goal.  I wish I could have had it long ago, and I recommend it to any and every person who asks.  I know teens who are having it now, and I am so happy for them and the improved life they will have!

mkresse
on 6/15/10 6:30 am - Duluth, GA
I had my VSG on April 26, 2010 and have lost 55 pounds thus far.  I really wanted the bypass but my surgeons felt it best to perform the VSG.  After multiple opinions and talking with individuals who had the bypass I agreed to the VSG.  Looking back now, I'm extremely pleased that this is the procedure I chose.  I don't have the issues with vitamins that typically bypass patients experience. 
(deactivated member)
on 6/19/10 10:09 pm
VSG on 06/08/09 with
 Was sleeved in June of 09 and have gone from a top weight of 263 to 155 this morning.   The surgery gave me what I was looking for:  a normal life.  I don't have to worry about malabsorption, don't have to take a lot of vitamins and can take any medication and be assured that it will go through my system normally.   I just eat less.  And that's what I wanted.   I watch sugar and other carbs, but I would have to do that with any surgery.  Other than that, I just try to eat healthy.  I have always been a bit of a nutrition nut, and I love my greens and veggies.  
Most Active