Fitness and Exercise

spoor300
on 5/18/10 5:21 am - canton, GA
 I had gastric bypass surgery September 2009.  It was one of my best decisions.  The second was hiring a trainer and beginning exercise as soon as possible.  I am now 165 and loving life. The weight training has helped so much especially with toning and weight loss.  I feel like such a new person that I recently became a NASM certified trainer.  I cannot wait to help others become a new person like I did.  The support and education I received from my trainer was crucial to my success.  Please let me know if I can help anyone out there.

Christina
LaShelle2
on 5/19/10 6:09 am - STOCKBRIDGE, GA
Thanks for the info Christina and congrats on your success with the wls and with your career. I  have been considering a carer change where I can use my experience with wls to benefit others, so hearing your story is an inspiration to move forward with m plans.

We have a monthly meet & greet for members on OH, so if you would like to share your talents with us in a group fittness introduction or boot camp teaser session feel free to let us know.   You're not allowed to charge for OH activities or solicit for your business on here, but a Meet & Greet fittness session would be a good opportunity for you to introduce your services to people and pass along your contact info for thse who may be interested in some private sessions. 

Let me know if you're interested and I'll help you coordinate something. 

~LaShelle

**** I AM AN OH SUPPORT GROUP LEADER ****
WHY I CHOSE DS: 
No dumping.  Highest percentage of weight loss, Best long term results,  Won't regain weight!  Eat normal sized meals,  96% diabeties, 90% high blood pressure, 80% sleep apnea cured.                                    I  MY DS!
My doctor told me to stop having intimate dinners for four unless there were three other people.    ~Orson Wells  

spoor300
on 5/20/10 12:43 am - canton, GA
 LaShelle

Thank you for the email.

I would love to help anyone that needs it.  I would be happy to do a intro to fitness.  When and where do you meet?

Christina
LaShelle2
on 5/20/10 12:57 am - STOCKBRIDGE, GA
We don't have any particular place to meet.   We try to rotate places to make it accessible to people all over town.  We haven't done anything in the Canton- area.  Marietta is more central.

Do you have a studio or gym in the area that will let you use their space? We can even meet at a park somewhere if you'd like. 

I think you'll get more of a response in the Marietta area because it's more centrally located than Canton.

Does anyone know of a good park in that part of town?

Just post an invite on-line with date, time,  dress code,  things you want us to bring like weights, water, towels, whatever, etc, and a sign up sheet.

**** I AM AN OH SUPPORT GROUP LEADER ****
WHY I CHOSE DS: 
No dumping.  Highest percentage of weight loss, Best long term results,  Won't regain weight!  Eat normal sized meals,  96% diabeties, 90% high blood pressure, 80% sleep apnea cured.                                    I  MY DS!
My doctor told me to stop having intimate dinners for four unless there were three other people.    ~Orson Wells  

walterswife
on 5/20/10 5:40 am
LaShelle,

Welcome back!

Why not consider doing this as part of your monthly support group?  May be better than at a meet and greet.  Just a thought.

HW 240/ SW 229/ GW 146/CW 125; OH Support Group Leader   

Starting size:  18W-20;  Present size: 0 or 2; 5'5-1/2" tall. 
Current BMI 20.4 as of 2/13/2013 (normal for the first time in my life).
Goal weight reached on 8/12/2010; As of 1/13/2013, 21 pounds below goal

daisha1216
on 5/19/10 2:29 pm
Hi Christina,

I am so inspired by your progress. I am interested in getting a personal trainer. Could you please give me some information on how to get a good trainer and type of training that is needed?
spoor300
on 5/20/10 12:45 am - canton, GA
 Thanks for emailing me.

One of the first things you want to do is make sure that you get a certified trainer.  Ask them if they are NASM certified.  Next is you want to make sure that you click with your trainer.  Most trainers will do a fitness consultation with you and give you an idea of what they have in mind for you.

You want to do a combination of weight training and cardio and be sure that the trainer includes core training.

Where do you live?  I may be able to get you some contacts.

Christina
daisha1216
on 5/23/10 12:14 pm

Hi Christina,

Sorry that it took me a few days to reply, but I was out of town and just returned. I live in Savannah, Georgia. Any information will be appreciated.

ga_ginger_10
on 5/20/10 10:56 pm - Atlanta, GA
Christina,

I am so proud of you!  That is awesome and keep paying it forward! 

Hope to see you sometime at our support group meeting.

Hugs,

Ginger

Open RNY 3/27/01  400 lbs - 170lb.  Please visit my blog at www.gingerrock.blogspot.comYou can also find me on facebook www.facebook.com/GingerRock and Twitter www.twitter.com/GingerRock 
~Ginger~ 

FOXYBROWN MAMA
on 5/29/10 7:26 am
 I just had surgery on Wednesday.  I went to the Y today and signed up to use the Fitlinkxx program.  I met with a personal trainer and he helped me set goals.  I'll see him again in a couple of weeks.  It's included with your membership.  If you have a membership, try it.
Most Active