Clothing Exchange-Support Group Meeting Saturday June 12th 11am - 12 pm

LaShelle2
on 5/18/10 3:39 am, edited 6/8/10 4:16 am - STOCKBRIDGE, GA
GA Losing for Life Support Group

Facilitated by LaShelle Dyer & Izzy Thomas OH Leaders

You are cordially invited to join us for a
Saturday Support Session.  Meet new friends, share your experiences, and learn more about weight loss surgery. Pre and post-operative patients of all weight loss surgery types are welcome. 

When:  2nd Saturday of every month 11:00am-12:00pm. 

Our next meeting is Saturday,  June 12, 2010

Where:    
Henry Medical Center
             1133 Eagle's Landing Parkway

Stockbridge, GA 30281

We will meet in the Foundation Education Building. Take the stairs or elevator to the 2nd floor.  Look for the WLS support Group Sign.

You can reach me at 678-860-8806 if you are lost or need more information.

???Why??? 

1. Studies have shown wls patients who are actively involved in a support group have more long term success in losing and keeping the weight off. 

2. While family and friends, can offer support and encouragement, nothing compares to the knowledge and first hand experience of people just like you who have had surgery themselves, or are going through the approval process.

3. Many insurance companies require active participation in a bariatric support group in order to approve wls.

4. You'll meet new friends and have lots of fun!

***** Mark your calanders
for our clothing exchange 

June 12, 2010 !!!

LaShelle2
on 5/18/10 3:52 am, edited 6/8/10 4:12 am - STOCKBRIDGE, GA

SWAP  don't  SHOP

It's  Clothes Exchange time!!!  So, clean out your closets, and ask your family, friends, and co-workers to donate their gently used, clean clothes to your wls buddies.

It's so hard keeping up with your wardrobe as the pounds shed, so a clothing exchange is a great opportunity to give and take a few pieces to get you through your transition.

Pre-ops this is a GREAT opportunity to get all the awesome clothes we've shrunk out of.     Our loss is your gain:-)  The last clothing excahnge at the OH conference in November was a free for all for size 2x and up. EVERYBODY had tons of bigger sizes to share.

Your non-wls family and friends are welcome to participate in the swap too, but please ask them to share some things if they are planning to take a few things away.  

If you have been lurking, or have not been coming out for ther monthly meet and greets lately, here is your opportunity to come out of hiding and hang out with your OH family.

If you have a wish list of types of clothes or sizes you need, please share, so we can try to help.  Also, please post the sizes you will bring to share.

feel free to share:
business and casual clothes, especially summer wear
sleepwear
bras, and hosiery
swimwear
shoes
purses
accessories
unused protein, vitamins, and other wls friendly products
wls books, magazines, etc. 

Please come join us!

* We will go somewhere nearby for lunch after the swap for those who want to join us.

p.s.    I would like to donate all the unclaimed clothes to a women's shelter or other agency where they will come pick them up.  If you know of any in the Stockbridge area, please send me the contact info.
LaShelle2
on 5/18/10 3:55 am, edited 5/18/10 4:15 am - STOCKBRIDGE, GA
I have clothes sizes 28 down to 18 to share.

I also have shoes size 11w and 10w that are too big now.

I have a couple of 3x swimsuits to share as well.

I need desperately sizes 12-14 summer and business casual clothes!    Ok maybe not desperate, but it sure would be nice. :-)

**** I AM AN OH SUPPORT GROUP LEADER ****
WHY I CHOSE DS: 
No dumping.  Highest percentage of weight loss, Best long term results,  Won't regain weight!  Eat normal sized meals,  96% diabeties, 90% high blood pressure, 80% sleep apnea cured.                                    I  MY DS!
My doctor told me to stop having intimate dinners for four unless there were three other people.    ~Orson Wells  

sassyjonz
on 5/19/10 12:10 pm - Atlanta, GA
LaShelle, I've got to go through my stuff but I've got TONS of stuff that I can no longer wear probably ranging from size 18 to 24 business and casual winter to summer.  And I have no clue what size I wear now. LOL!!!  I plan on coming for the clothing swap!

Lia

Starting weight & height: 265/5' 8.5; Goal weight: 160; Current weight: 155

LaShelle2
on 5/19/10 11:47 pm - STOCKBRIDGE, GA
Cool Lia. I think we all mostly have 18-26 clothes, so the newbies and pre-ops should definitely take advantage of all the larger sizes we have to gift to them.

Looking forward to seeing you.  Spread the word at Dr. Maynard's support group. Everyone is welcome to join in with us.

WHY I CHOSE DS: 
No dumping.  Highest percentage of weight loss, Best long term results,  Won't regain weight!  Eat normal sized meals,  96% diabeties, 90% high blood pressure, 80% sleep apnea cured.                                    I  MY DS!
My doctor told me to stop having intimate dinners for four unless there were three other people.    ~Orson Wells  

freshman1
on 5/22/10 3:03 pm
Is this still on?  I'm interested in coming.  It sounds like fun.
LaShelle2
on 5/23/10 12:38 am - STOCKBRIDGE, GA
Yes, it's still on!  What sizes do you need? What sizes will you be swapping?

WHY I CHOSE DS: 

walterswife
on 5/23/10 1:43 pm
I am going to do my best to make this one!  I have given away most of my size 16 and 18 stuff but am sure I still have additional items here.  Will bring them along.   Time for me to start sorting through the size 14 stuf--also too big.

HW 240/ SW 229/ GW 146/CW 125; OH Support Group Leader   

Starting size:  18W-20;  Present size: 0 or 2; 5'5-1/2" tall. 
Current BMI 20.4 as of 2/13/2013 (normal for the first time in my life).
Goal weight reached on 8/12/2010; As of 1/13/2013, 21 pounds below goal

LaShelle2
on 5/24/10 11:45 pm - STOCKBRIDGE, GA
Hey Celeste. I'm looking froward to seeing you again!!!  I need your 12-14 so bring em on! 

I am looking into some creative ways to get some smaller sizes 6-12 donated, but I don't know if it will come through.  Crossing my fingers we will have some skinny girl sizes to share too.
Fascinated One
on 5/24/10 4:09 am - Atlanta, GA
I am planning to attend. I'm in a 22-24 right now and don't have many smaller clothes. The few smaller ones I have I'm hoping to get into post-op. I'll bring some other items and accessories, though.
START 318 | CW 179 | GW 165 | --- Updated Feb 3, 2012 (-139) 
~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~
Have you researched all of your options?
Duodenal Switch--Check it out at 
DSFacts.com and www.duodenalswitch.com/
Most Active