6 years ago...

LeahA
on 5/11/10 9:07 pm - Atlanta , GA
 was the beginning of my 2nd chance.  I had my RNY and never looked back.  It was the best thing I did for myself.  

I have done a lot since then.  I have lost (at the highest loss) 150 pounds, had 2 hernia repairs, had one child and am pregnant with another, and learned how to live a healthier life.  I think that people who say that having WLS is the easy way out have no idea how much we have to change our lives.  It isn't the easy way, actually, it is far from it.  It is surgery and recovery and living with the choice to physically change our bodies.

So the next time you are afraid to tell someone about having surgery, think again.  Be proud of taking responsibility for your life and health.  Be proud that you are doing something that can't be reversed and changes your relationship with food forever.  

Don't be embarrassed about it.  Be proud you made the first step to take charge of your life.
RNY 5-12-04 Done at St Vincents Hospital in Carmel Indiana by Dr Margaret Inman.

Would I do it again?  IN A HEARTBEAT!!  Best gift I ever gave myself.
MARIA F.
on 5/12/10 2:32 am - Athens, GA
Well said!!!
M U.
on 5/12/10 12:43 pm
Awesome post Leah!

I didn't know you were pregnant! Congrats!

I hope you're doing well. I am SO happy...having my RNY was the best decision I've made for myself.

Would love to catch up with you sometime.

Meryl

LaShelle2
on 5/19/10 6:23 am - STOCKBRIDGE, GA
Sorry for the delayed reaction Leah,  but congrats on another successful year.  It's so good to hear from veterans who are several years out.  I am always curious how wls will affect me years down the road. 

You are also a good example of how you can lose the weight and keep it off.  You've done so well even through pregnancies.  Just amazing!

Keep it up Leah.  And take care of the new bun in the oven.  Do you know if it will be a boy or girl?

**** I AM AN OH SUPPORT GROUP LEADER ****
WHY I CHOSE DS: 
No dumping.  Highest percentage of weight loss, Best long term results,  Won't regain weight!  Eat normal sized meals,  96% diabeties, 90% high blood pressure, 80% sleep apnea cured.                                    I  MY DS!
My doctor told me to stop having intimate dinners for four unless there were three other people.    ~Orson Wells  

Most Active