One year ago today...

talksoupslp
on 5/5/10 10:17 pm
...I had my surgery.  In fact, I was in surgery at this time 1 year ago right now.  It's been an awesome year.

Prior to surgery, I lost 70 pounds.  Since surgery, I've lost 139.  My blood pressure is well within normal limits without meds.  My cholesterol numbers are all within normal limits (even my good cholesterol is up).  I've stopped using my sleep apnea machine, with an official sleep study to follow at the end of this month.  I'm still in women's clothing, but depending on the manufacturer, wear a size 16 or 18.  According to the BMI calculation, I'm obese, but just barely.  Another couple of pounds and I'll simply be "overweight".  Another couple of pounds and I'll literally be able to say I'm "half the person I used to be".  I've tried figuring out the last time I was this size...I'm thinking junior high school.

And the most important part of the last year?  After kissing quite a number of frogs, I finally found  my "Prince".  I'm dating the most wonderful man.  The relationship is going on 3 months.  And funny, I didn't mention anything about my weight loss until the 3rd date.  And that was only after I found out he lost 130 pounds about 5-6 years ago.  When I asked what he did to lose the weight, he started explaining the DS surgery to me.  I stopped him mid-explaination and couldn't help laughing...as I told him about my nearly 200 pound loss with RNY.  He thinks I'm beautiful (and actually told me that BEFORE I told him about my surgery and losing weight).

What  a year!
Elli

Highest Weight/Surgery Weight/Current Weight/Goal
426.4/356/216.8/165?
brenda549
on 5/6/10 12:06 am - Duluth, GA
Congratulations on such a wonderful story!! 
                                                HW357-CW235-GW150
            Join my journey at www.entirelybrenda.com.

MARIA F.
on 5/6/10 1:39 pm - Athens, GA

That's great Elli! So glad things are working out for u. The best is yet to come!!!

FormerlyFluffy.com

lerkhart
on 5/6/10 9:49 pm
Congratulations on your success.  That is a great story!!  Keep up the great work.
Linda
14.5 lost pre-surgery  5'1 1/2"                                      LW-Apple-Gold-Small.jpg image by PlicketyCat
LaShelle2
on 5/19/10 7:29 am - STOCKBRIDGE, GA
Congrats girl. I think you were the 1st shbp surgery weren't you?  If not, you were close to the top of the list. I couldn't have gone through this last year without you.  We all really supported each other through this, and I will always be grateful to my shbp OH family.  I just wish more of us were still online to help these newbies going through it all now.

WOW can't believe you found a sweetie, and a wls buddy in a man, and a DSer at that!  If he chose DS he must be a smart man, so I vote he's a keeper :-).  You may just have to let me interview you guys and do an OH article on this romance if it blossoms some more!  That's neat!

I am so happy for you, and so proud of how far you've come.  How about some before and after pics???

~LaShelle

Happy Anniversary
talksoupslp
on 5/19/10 10:12 pm
I wasn't the first...I think I was 2nd or 3rd.  I'm still around, but don't post much.  I have too much stuff going on personally...some good, some bad...so i read but don't respond to a lot.

The romance with Prince Charming continues to blossom.  We are going to Hawaii on vacation in July!  I can't wait!  This year, I REALLY need a vacation.

I've got some pics on Facebook but can't access Facebook from work.  I'll try to post pics here tonight.
-Elli

Highest Weight/Surgery Weight/Current Weight/Goal
426.4/356/216.8/165?
LaShelle2
on 5/20/10 12:05 am - STOCKBRIDGE, GA
Hawai !!! . I'm so jealous. I thought my sweetie was doing something taking me to Myrtle Beach last month, and to St Simon's last weekend.  

You must be hot stuff to get a sponsor for Hawaii, I need to step up my game :-)

We are planning a cruise for his b-day in December, but still it's not Hawaii :-(

**** I AM AN OH SUPPORT GROUP LEADER ****
WHY I CHOSE DS: 
No dumping.  Highest percentage of weight loss, Best long term results,  Won't regain weight!  Eat normal sized meals,  96% diabeties, 90% high blood pressure, 80% sleep apnea cured.                                    I  MY DS!
My doctor told me to stop having intimate dinners for four unless there were three other people.    ~Orson Wells  

Most Active