4 Months

Roxy2974
on 5/10/10 6:45 am - Austell, GA
Thanks!
I wear my hair natural no chemicals at all. I use no products with cones either. I wash my hair with shampoo once a month and I co-wash once a week (co-wash is using conditioner instead of shampoo). So to answer your question my hair was freshly co-washed with Trader Joes Nutients conditioner and as a leave in I used Kinky Curly Leave in Conditioner and right after I do this with my head wet I use Eco Styler clear gel which holds my hair in it's natural curl pattern once dry. When I have extra $$$$ I use Kinky Curly Curling Custard.

HW: 410 PLD: 401 SW: 388.8 CW: 240 GW: 180                   

Use Code: TouchstoneGA12 to get your OH conference tickets for $49.00
Her Royal Flyness
on 5/10/10 5:21 am
It's so funny how we don't see the difference ourselves. Trust me, there is one!  Lookin good, love the hair too!

It is never too late to be what you might have been

~George Eliot
Roxy2974
on 5/10/10 6:47 am - Austell, GA
THNAKS SO MUCH!
where have u been? How is your Sister? Tell her I send my LOVE and I thank her for telling me about the DS.

Her Royal Flyness
on 5/13/10 12:38 pm
I'm around, just quiet about it.  She's great, I sure will tell her.

It is never too late to be what you might have been

~George Eliot
Capricek
on 5/11/10 1:10 am - Riverdale, GA
Congrats! You look great!! I'm just over a month out from Gastric Banding... and loving it!!
Pre Surgery Weight: 265 

Roxy2974
on 5/11/10 10:51 am - Austell, GA
Thanks. Congrats to u and Good Luck.

LaShelle2
on 5/19/10 7:37 am - STOCKBRIDGE, GA

Congrats on making it through the 1st quarter of the DS life.   It's all uphill from here!   But those 1st few months of being a DSer will kick your ass!

Keep up the good work, or rather  keep on  keeping up with the good work the DS is doing for you :-) 

That's why I love my DS, it does all the work, and I just sit back and enjoy the results!

**** I AM AN OH SUPPORT GROUP LEADER ****
WHY I CHOSE DS: 
No dumping.  Highest percentage of weight loss, Best long term results,  Won't regain weight!  Eat normal sized meals,  96% diabeties, 90% high blood pressure, 80% sleep apnea cured.                                    I  MY DS!
My doctor told me to stop having intimate dinners for four unless there were three other people.    ~Orson Wells  

Roxy2974
on 5/19/10 7:46 am - Austell, GA
My DS has been very kind to me, I have never had any complications knock on wood.
I don't look at my surgery the same way that you do. I see my DS as a tool and TOGETHER we are working as a unit to be successful. I have seen first hand DS patients who sit back and continue to live like they did Pre-op and they regret it. I work out, take my vitamins, get in my liquids and protein so my DS can work. Without doing those things my DS can't do what it is suppose to do. Good Luck to you.

LaShelle2
on 5/19/10 9:10 am, edited 5/19/10 9:11 am - STOCKBRIDGE, GA
I do get in protein and  the vitamins, but I don't feel like I am on a diet. I feel like I have the freedom to eat what I want in moderation like a normal person and still have a healthy weight. My labs and all my health stats are EXCELENT!!!   I don't feel restricted from anything! It's just an amazing surgery.   I LOVE my DS!!!

**** I AM AN OH SUPPORT GROUP LEADER ****
WHY I CHOSE DS: 
No dumping.  Highest percentage of weight loss, Best long term results,  Won't regain weight!  Eat normal sized meals,  96% diabeties, 90% high blood pressure, 80% sleep apnea cured.                                    I  MY DS!
My doctor told me to stop having intimate dinners for four unless there were three other people.    ~Orson Wells  

Roxy2974
on 5/19/10 1:02 pm - Austell, GA
I understand and agree. I am surprised at how I can eat that I try to control it just in case...lol

Most Active