Another Dr. Macik Question

FOXYBROWN MAMA
on 4/22/10 7:51 am
 So, I got my date.  it's 5/26/10.  They emailed me my paperwork and I noticed that it said:  
The amount due by you at your pre-op visit is  395.00$          .  Any additional balances will be billed to you once we have received the AExplanation of Benefits@ from your insurance company.  

Has anyone else been charged a fee prior to surgery?  I paid $250 for them to process my paperwork.  I'm thinking that it is my co-payment or something since I have not met my deductible.

brenda549
on 4/22/10 9:59 pm - Duluth, GA
Yes, this is your portion of his cost for surgery based on your insurance.  Also, you may receive a phone call from anesthesia letting you know to be prepared to pay your 15% or whatever your portion will be. 

HW357-CW235-GW150
            Join my journey at www.entirelybrenda.com.

FOXYBROWN MAMA
on 4/23/10 3:12 am
 Did you have your surgery at Northside?  Go grief, I wonder how much that will be?
brenda549
on 4/23/10 3:35 am - Duluth, GA
No, I had surgery at Emory John's Creek.  I know that my 10% for anesthesia was only like less than $135, so $1350 total for anesthesia.    It may not be exact between hospitals, but it should be comparable with insurance, especially since most insurance companies have negotiated prices.   

HW357-CW235-GW150

FOXYBROWN MAMA
on 4/23/10 3:39 am
 Thanks.  I am going to Northside.  I had y upper gi today.  The last of my tests.  They emailed me and told me to start a no/low carb diet and not to gain weight.  What weight are they using, from when I first met with them?  I want to go ahead and start purchasing my vitamins and stuff now, so i am prepared, but I guess i will wait until the results from my GI are back.
brenda549
on 4/23/10 6:56 am - Duluth, GA
They compared my July 2009 weight to my weight when I went in 2 weeks before surgery.  I actually lost 16 pounds on the no/low carb diet.  You should be fine.  If I were you, I would start stocking up on vitamins.  He will instruct you to take Flintstones and Tums. (The one flaw about him that I have found).   I do NOT take Flintstones or Tums.  I take Centrum chewables and Citirical Petites or Calcet Chewy Bites.  I alternate the Petites and Bites throughout the day since the bites are so expensive.   
                                                HW357-CW235-GW150

CColeman
on 4/24/10 12:27 am
Good luck on your surgery. Yes, this sounds like your insurance co-pay. I had Dr. Macik as well. I have had zero complications. As far as vitamins go, I started on Optisource bariatric formula chewables as soon as released from the hospital.(Walgreens) I don't chew, but suck on them like a lozenge. it is almost like a treat. I also take 3 Citracal a day with extra D3 an a B-12 shot once a month. You will be on the losers side soon!

Most Active