Pre-Op Questions - Dr. Macik

FOXYBROWN MAMA
on 4/19/10 4:02 am
 Ok, I have been approved, I am taking the cardiac clearance test, upper gi and pulmonary test this week.. I have been given a date.  After the doctors office receives the results for my tests, what is the next?  Am i supposed to call the doctors office or will they call me for the next step?  What does Dr. Macik use for his pre-op diet, post op diet?  Are they going to give me a list of to do's?  I plan to call them to ask these questions, but sometimes it's hard to reach them so I figured I ask.
curiouscat7
on 4/19/10 5:04 am
Once all the tests are cleared you will get a pre op apt a few days before your surgery . There you get the instructions about pre op preparation, post op diet etc etc.

Two weeks prior I was on a low carb diet.... lost a good 5 lbs.... don't gain wt before your surgery or he will cancel your date... be careful of the "last meal" syndrome...:)

And you should feel free to call Tiffany or the new nurse for info....they always called me back and answered my questions.

CC
View more of my photos at ObesityHelp.com
brenda549
on 4/19/10 7:10 am - Duluth, GA
CC told you exactly what he does.  However, I had 2 pre-op appointments.  One 3 weeks out and the other less than a week.  At the 3 weeks prior appointment they took measurements, gave me diet instructions for the two weeks before surgery, etc.  At the next appointment, I was given food guidelines for the 2 weeks after surgery, prep instructions, etc.  And yes, he will cancel your surgery for gaining weight.  Surgery prep diet is a low/no carb diet.  Pretty easy compared to what others have to go through.  I lost 14 pounds those 2 weeks. 

Hope this helps!
                                                HW357-CW235-GW150
            Join my journey at www.entirelybrenda.com.

richg
on 4/20/10 2:11 am - Canton, GA
I have some questions as I'm also having surgery on 5/19/10 with Dr. Macik. Is there a liquid diet required the day before surgery? Is a catheder used during surgery? Will we be required flush out our bowels prior to surgery? Thanks in advance for your responses.
brenda549
on 4/20/10 3:09 am - Duluth, GA
I was on clear liquids the day before surgery.  That was it.   He does have patients do a bowel prep.  I did not have a catheter.  

Hope this helps!   
                                                HW357-CW235-GW150
            Join my journey at www.entirelybrenda.com.

richg
on 4/20/10 7:09 am - Canton, GA
It does.
Thanks Brenda.
Most Active