Dr. Titus Duncan

Shantel35
on 4/20/10 2:33 pm - Savannah, GA
What type of experience did you have?
LaShelle2
on 4/22/10 3:30 am - STOCKBRIDGE, GA
Be NICE CC :-)

You've risen from your slumber again...

I don't think she has any other choice if she had Medicaid.  Sometemes we have to make the best of what we have to choose from.

**** I AM AN OH SUPPORT GROUP LEADER ****
WHY I CHOSE DS: 
No dumping.  Highest percentage of weight loss, Best long term results,  Won't regain weight!  Eat normal sized meals,  96% diabeties, 90% high blood pressure, 80% sleep apnea cured.                                    I  MY DS!
My doctor told me to stop having intimate dinners for four unless there were three other people.    ~Orson Wells  

drkangel101
on 4/21/10 1:46 pm, edited 4/21/10 1:47 pm - lawrenceville, GA
I am using Dr. Duncan as well I have Cindy as my cordinator and I have Peachstate , and there office has been really great I have heard nothing but great things about him and he is one of th top surgeons in the Atlanta area for WLS. I Know a few people who have had him and   they have both done great not even one complication  (all though  that doesnt mean that happens with everyone)   I am excited and can't wait ! Is it easier to get approved through straight Medicaid VS Amerigroup or Peachstate?
Shantel35
on 4/21/10 2:08 pm - Savannah, GA
Hi angel...I'm waiting for approval now....another person said she was approved the sameday threw amerigroup....Cindy is also my coordinator, I talked to her today and she said she would submit my paperwork, so I hope I get a reply, they only can do medicaid patients at Emory hospital and they only do it once a month, the next one is schduled for May 27, I hope I get that date....have you turned in all your paperwork?
drkangel101
on 4/22/10 1:57 am - lawrenceville, GA
Hi shantel, Yes I had all my stuff done in teh begining of Dec they submitted my Paperwork Dec 27 and My insurance was stopped Dec31st I was so mad, but now my insurance is kicking back in teh only I will have to redo is blood work  so that is a good thing, I have Peachstate, I got them because I heard Amerigroup required more for Approval  like a year diet  ect... But yes I did hear  that the approvals don't take too long with Medicaid so hopefully you will know soon and I will be right behind  you  we should add eachother as friends since we ave the same surgeon and stuff it would be great to  follow eachother  through this process and offer support to eachother. Thanks for the Info about Emory I wasn't aware they only did Medicaid patients at Emory  or that they only do them once a month thats the first I heard that.
thelukusas
on 4/22/10 2:27 am - Duluth, GA
If you have straight Medicaid you should tell them to see if they could get you in before you switch over to the HMO.
thelukusas
on 4/22/10 2:24 am - Duluth, GA
It is easier to get approved with Straight Medicaid....mine came back within a matter of hours.
drkangel101
on 4/22/10 2:54 am - lawrenceville, GA
Oh thanks for that info , I am assuming I will have straight Medicaid until at least May 1st , they just called me this morning so I am assuming it will be active here in a min and you know the hmo doesnt usually kick in till the first of the following month  so thanks I will get on top  of it now. and  try to get it active asap!
Georgia Girl
on 4/24/10 6:37 am
mimidoll50
on 5/19/10 7:27 am
If you will read the boards you will see that there is people that have used him and don't recommend him.  Please do your research.  What research are you using when you say he is one of the top surgeons in Atlanta?   Is Dr Duncan going to do your actual surgery?  Or will it be done by someone in his office? 

The GREATEST POWER we have is the power to FORGIVE.  Use your power daily......

Most Active