Dr. Titus Duncan

Shantel35
on 4/17/10 10:02 am - Savannah, GA
Has anyone used Dr.Duncan in Atlanta?
thelukusas
on 4/18/10 5:43 am - Duluth, GA
I had the RNY with Dr. Hobson in Dr. Duncan's office on 3-22-10.  As of 4-13-10 I have lost 25lbs.  My HW was 380, my weight at surgery was 368, CW 343, GW is 220.  Everyone in the office is so great, although it took me longer than usual to get approved because the office went through some employee changes & my file got lost in the transition for about 6 months.  While my file was stuck in the dead pile I lost my insurance coverage under Medicaid which turned out to be a blessing because I was re-instated under straight medicaid on March 1st & had the surgery on March 22nd since I had already completed all the pre-op approval steps.  It was a long stressful road but it was all worth it.
MARIA F.
on 4/18/10 8:09 am - Athens, GA
Omg! They lost your medical file for 6 mos.?!?!?! That is terrible! And to think that if u were not able to get your Medicaid reinstated that Duncans office would have caused u to lose out on having WLS!

Wonder how many problems like that other patients have had like u?

FormerlyFluffy.com

Shantel35
on 4/20/10 2:36 pm - Savannah, GA
Hi, thanks for the info....when they found your file how long did it take to get approval?....what hospital did you have it?.........Cathy is the coordinatoor for me, who did you have?
thelukusas
on 4/22/10 2:22 am - Duluth, GA
Hi Shantel,

Cindy is the coordinator who took over & somehow during her transition I got lost in the shuffle.  Cindy was advising me I needed things that the other coordinator hadn't mentioned which would've have basically made me start all over again.  I decided to go to another seminar so that I could speak to someone directly.  When I did that all of a sudden I got a call from the scheduler in the office providing me with all my pre-op procedures along with my surgery date.  All of this happened in Dec. 2009 I was originally scheduled for surgery on 2-1-10.  When I went for my first pre-op appt in Jan that's when i discovered I no longer had Medicaid.  In order to re-qualify for medicaid I took a medical leave from work & re-applied...I was approved & back on Straight Medicaid by March.  I called Cindy, she spoke with the office manager & they scheduled my surgery & all pre-op within 2 weeks before I switched back to PeachState.  So here I am today one month out & happy as a clam.  I truly believe that what happened to me was simply a fluke due to the changing of the guards & I really love & appreciate the way they handled things once they realized the situation.
LaShelle2
on 4/18/10 11:24 pm, edited 4/18/10 11:24 pm - STOCKBRIDGE, GA
Shantel I see you're from Savannah. Atlanta has a lot of talented wls surgeons, and I encourage you to "shop around" for one that  is the right fit for you.

When you are an out of town patient (I am one myself) it is vital to work with a surgeon who has an organized, friendly, and efficient staff.  Otherwise it can be a nightmare. So, make sure you get the scoop on the administrative end of the practice as well as the surgeon's skills. 

Also KEEP YOUR OWN COPIES OF ALL YOUR PAPERWORK INCLUDING ALL OFFICE VISITS, DIET VISITS, TESTING, ETC!!!  Don't trust the surgeon to keep up with it for you.

Are you using Dr. Duncan because you have Medicaid or for some other reason?

**** I AM AN OH SUPPORT GROUP LEADER ****
WHY I CHOSE DS: 
No dumping.  Highest percentage of weight loss, Best long term results,  Won't regain weight!  Eat normal sized meals,  96% diabeties, 90% high blood pressure, 80% sleep apnea cured.                                    I  MY DS!
My doctor told me to stop having intimate dinners for four unless there were three other people.    ~Orson Wells  

FOXYBROWN MAMA
on 4/19/10 3:08 am
 I agree, keep copies of everything.  My PCP only sent three of the six months of my visits, which held me up for a day, but had i kept the copies i could have faxed them to Cigna and been approved sooner.  I was approved within an hour of them getting the missing paperwork.
Shantel35
on 4/20/10 2:32 pm - Savannah, GA
Thanks for the advice...yes I do have medicaid(Amerigroup) I found Dr. Duncans office on another site, I would have liked to have been a little closer.
LaShelle2
on 4/22/10 3:26 am - STOCKBRIDGE, GA
Unfortunately if you have Medicaid I don't think you have many options. I think maybe that's why he has so many patients, because he is one of very few that take Medicaid.

If he is your only option, make sure you are a self advocate and keep copies of all your stuff and make sure you educate yourself about the procedure you choose and your aftercare.

Do you know of anyone else taking Medicaid you can use? It would be nice to be able to compare a couple of surgeons.

**** I AM AN OH SUPPORT GROUP LEADER ****
WHY I CHOSE DS: 
No dumping.  Highest percentage of weight loss, Best long term results,  Won't regain weight!  Eat normal sized meals,  96% diabeties, 90% high blood pressure, 80% sleep apnea cured.                                    I  MY DS!
My doctor told me to stop having intimate dinners for four unless there were three other people.    ~Orson Wells  

curiouscat7
on 4/19/10 5:07 am
Duncan = Run Forrest Run....need I say more !!!!!!!!

CC
View more of my photos at ObesityHelp.com
Most Active