Protein Suggestions

FOXYBROWN MAMA
on 4/16/10 8:16 am
 What is the best protein to purchase?  I want to get the maximum from as few drinks as i can.  I have heard alot about Nectar products.
LaShelle2
on 4/16/10 9:54 pm - STOCKBRIDGE, GA
Search for a protein drink that is WHEY PROTEIN ISOLATE.  That is the best quality and we absorb that kind better. Unjury, Nectar, and Isopure have it in a clear liquid stage formula.  Check out each of their websites.

It'll be best to get a few samples to make it through the 1st few weeks because your taste may change.  All the bariatric protein companies sell samples.  Also vitalady sells samples.  When I had my wls last year nectar was running a promo where they would send samples of all their flavors for around $10.

**** I AM AN OH SUPPORT GROUP LEADER ****
WHY I CHOSE DS: 
No dumping.  Highest percentage of weight loss, Best long term results,  Won't regain weight!  Eat normal sized meals,  96% diabeties, 90% high blood pressure, 80% sleep apnea cured.                                    I  MY DS!
My doctor told me to stop having intimate dinners for four unless there were three other people.    ~Orson Wells  

FOXYBROWN MAMA
on 4/19/10 3:13 am
 Thanks.  I went and bought the Nectar Crystal Sky on Saturday.  it doesn't taste bad at all.  The guy said it's good for WLS patients because it doesn't expand in your stomach.  It kinda tastes like a weak crystal light.  I hope I mixed it right.  i mixed one scoop with 15 oz. of water.
LaShelle2
on 4/19/10 3:49 am - STOCKBRIDGE, GA
Is it clear?  You will need to be on clear liquids probably the 1st week. All the shakes are not considered clear.  You should avoid the chocholate and vanilla ones the 1st week if your surgeon puts you on clears.

WHY I CHOSE DS: 
No dumping.  Highest percentage of weight loss, Best long term results,  Won't regain weight!  Eat normal sized meals,  96% diabeties, 90% high blood pressure, 80% sleep apnea cured.                                    I  MY DS!
My doctor told me to stop having intimate dinners for four unless there were three other people.    ~Orson Wells  

FOXYBROWN MAMA
on 4/19/10 3:52 am
 Its an aqua blue color.  It looks like kool aid or juice.  is that considered clear?
LaShelle2
on 4/19/10 5:38 am - STOCKBRIDGE, GA
My nutritionist said it is considered clear if light shines through it???

Confusing huh?

I  think it would be clear.  Honestly you will drink so little the 1st week or so It doesn't matter. You will do good to ge****er and Popsicles down :-).  By the time you can get a significant amount of the Nectar down you'll be on full liquids anyway.

WHY I CHOSE DS: 

Most Active