Plastic Surgeons in the Atlanta Area

NY2ATL *
on 4/15/10 1:38 am
I'm looking for a plastic surgeon in the Atlanta area that works with WLS patients. I was told by my WL Surgeon that I may qualify for Insurance approval for a lower body lift...he feels we can prove medical neccesity...I have Medicare..has anyone had experience with this or know someone they can recommend?
Thanks!

For Low Carb Recipes:
www.obesityhelp.com/group/LCRECIPES/discussion/  

LaShelle2
on 4/15/10 3:46 am - STOCKBRIDGE, GA
Try Dr. Marissa LAwrence.  I am not sure if she takes Medicare, but she does post wls surgeries.

**** I AM AN OH SUPPORT GROUP LEADER ****
WHY I CHOSE DS: 
No dumping.  Highest percentage of weight loss, Best long term results,  Won't regain weight!  Eat normal sized meals,  96% diabeties, 90% high blood pressure, 80% sleep apnea cured.                                    I  MY DS!
My doctor told me to stop having intimate dinners for four unless there were three other people.    ~Orson Wells  

NY2ATL *
on 4/15/10 8:58 am
Thank you!

For Low Carb Recipes:

progers37
on 4/15/10 8:50 am - Eastman, GA
I just had surgery on April 5th with Dr. Patricia Yugueros. Her office is located at Emory Johns Creek Hospital. I have been thoroughly impressed with her expertise and her efficency. Her office staff are also very efficent. I also must add that I got the best medical attention ever at the hospital.I am not sure if she accepts Medicare since I was a self pay patient. I can say though that she came highly recommended by Dr. Hart.
Good Luck,
Patrice
NY2ATL *
on 4/15/10 8:58 am
Thank you so much!

For Low Carb Recipes:

(deactivated member)
on 5/14/10 5:20 am - Atlanta, GA
VSG on 08/08/09 with
 Do you mind sharing what procedures you had done and the cost with Dr. Y?
progers37
on 5/14/10 7:39 am - Eastman, GA
Not at all.. I had Smart Lipo did to the hips, flanks,lower abdomen, inner and outer thighs and the knees. She charged my $4500.00 and the hospital and anethesiologist was $2600. The entire procedure dr + hospital wound up costing $7100. I know that sounds a little high but for all the areas I had worked on and the fact that all my pre-surgery and post surgery visits are included I feel like it is worth it. I have to say working with her office and the hospital has been wonderful. She along with her staff are remarkable. I can not sing her praises enough. Anytime that you need to ask her something all you have to do is pick up the phone or email her. The turn around time for a response from her is very quick. I was so impressed with her before I ever even met her because she took the time to answer my emails prior to meeeting and then when we met, it was like meeting an old friend.
I can't say that she is the right dr for everyone but I can say that my bypass dr knew she would be right for me. I hope this info helps.
(deactivated member)
on 5/16/10 3:34 am
VSG on 06/08/09 with
 Thanks - I'm going to keep her name and give her a call when I'm ready to move forward.  
Most Active