Another newbie

nilesmama08
on 4/15/10 12:25 pm - Atlanta , GA
Hello everyone,

I am new to this board.  I am looking to begin my weight loss journey.  I want to be around for my 2 year old daughter. I work for the state and I was crushed to find out my surgery wasn't covered under HMO but it wasn't meant for me. right now. I have more research to do.

This website has been a God-send.  Now, I know that I must change to HRA next open enrollment.  I am looking for guidance, advice, and support. I know I am in the right place. I look forward to chatting with everyone!
FOXYBROWN MAMA
on 4/16/10 8:14 am
 You should start your support group meetings and supervised diet now.  That's what I did.  I started in Oct 2009 so when it was time to switch to Cigna HRA in Jan., I would have half of it done.  I just got approved this week.  I am using Dr. Macik.  Make sure yuo don't have any breaks between your meetings.  A lady in my support group missed one month and Cigna told her she had to start all over with her support meetings.  This is a wonderful site.
LaShelle2
on 4/16/10 10:02 pm - STOCKBRIDGE, GA
Hey. Welcome to the board. Hope gave you some good advice already. Start your pre-op requirements now. That way you can have your surgey Jan or Feb. It takes 6-7 months to get everything completed, so don't wait til next year to start. All your pre-op visits will be covered by the HMO.

I have a support group at Henry Medical that meets the 2nd Saturday of every month 11-12noon. I have forms for you to fill out to track your attendence for insurance.

I have Cigna HRA and had my Duodenal Switch wls last year. If you need help with insurance or anything, feel free to contact me.

**** I AM AN OH SUPPORT GROUP LEADER ****
WHY I CHOSE DS: 
No dumping.  Highest percentage of weight loss, Best long term results,  Won't regain weight!  Eat normal sized meals,  96% diabeties, 90% high blood pressure, 80% sleep apnea cured.                                    I  MY DS!
My doctor told me to stop having intimate dinners for four unless there were three other people.    ~Orson Wells  

Shante81
on 4/17/10 5:59 am - Rancho Cordova, CA
Welcome and Good luck on your Journey. Sometimes waiting is the best thing. I found this site last year and have learned so much. I go in for surggery on wednesday and feel confidence in my decision don't know if I would have if I had had surgery last year as I wanted..
 Vengeance is mine says the Lord y'all knock it off
Me and failure just don't mix...
If you want it, you'll find a way. If not, you'll find an excuse.
"Failure cannot cope with persistence."               
Roxy2974
on 4/18/10 1:00 am - Austell, GA
WELCOME!! it was meant for u to find this site so you can prepare yourself for durgery. Yes u don't have the insurance NOW for it BUT u have SO mUch to do bedfore you can be accepted by insurance. So start those support meetings and supervided diet. Around November get all of your pre Op things done so when Jan 1st comes all they have to do is submit your paper work and you'll be ready for like a Feb surgery God willing. Isn't it amazing??? I want to invite you to our Meet n Greet on Saturday. This way you can meet and chat with others who have been where you are, ironicly all who have rsvp'ed either worked or still work for the state. When I started my process I worked for Douglas County DFCS and had BC/BS HMO, it just so happens that I left the state and went to BOA and knew I needed to pick the right insurance at that time I lucked up to not wait till open enrollment bc I was new I got AETNA. I thought it was all down hill from there but I still had to wait over a year for my surgery, so learn from me and crass all your T's and dot all your i's NOW. Good Luck!
HOPE U CAN MAKE IT!
Londzell's Jazz and Blues Cafe opened this summer in Roswell. 
http://londzellsmartinilounge.net/index.html
1570 Holcomb Bridge Rd Roswell, GA Exit 7A 1/2 Mile from GA 400 
April 24, 2010 6:30pm ask for 
"OH CREW" Reservation!
Visit their Website for their Menu, Appetizers are prized low and I am sure that is all we really need to fill us anyway...lol..
 &
RSVP LIST:
`Ahari U. & Guest
Fiya79GA
Izzy2008
Lashelle2
NY2ATL*

HW: 410 PLD: 401 SW: 388.8 CW: 240 GW: 180                   

Use Code: TouchstoneGA12 to get your OH conference tickets for $49.00
nilesmama08
on 4/18/10 11:00 am - Atlanta , GA
Thanks ladies!

I know it was a blessing to find this site.

Uhari, thanks for the invite. I will let you know because it sounds fun. Has everyone had surgery at the gathering? I don't want any strange stares because I am eating like a cow, LOL!!
nilesmama08
on 4/18/10 11:02 am - Atlanta , GA
Sorry Ahari, I spelled your name wrong! forgive me

LaShelle, I will definitely check out your support group because it is not far from me.
Most Active