Dr Dilemmas

Lynne
on 4/14/10 3:17 pm - Macon, GA
I have just found out that the Dr I was planning on using is not on my insurance plan.  Can anyone tell me about Dr Donald Maynard.  He seems to be the only one that performs DS and is on my insurance..... Thanks
Roxy2974
on 4/14/10 3:51 pm - Austell, GA
This is a BIG problem in GA the lack of DS Surgeons. I know of Dr. Smith & Dr. Maynard only in North GA and recently their is a Dr. in Augusta if I am not mistaken. Dr. Maynard is popular and I am sure some of his patients will come around soon. I know the reason why I did not use him was because he only does the DS Open and I scar badly so an open procedure was not ideal for me. Contact his office and go to one of his seminars and support groups to get a good feel of his practice. Good Luck to you! Also, come on out to our Meet n Greet on the 24th.

HW: 410 PLD: 401 SW: 388.8 CW: 240 GW: 180                   

Use Code: TouchstoneGA12 to get your OH conference tickets for $49.00
Lynne
on 4/14/10 7:00 pm - Macon, GA
OMG...only open... thats not good.  I am planning not to be out of work that long.  I do know of Dr Chasen in Augusta, that was who I wanted but he is not on BCBS...so... I keep looking.  Thanks.
Roxy2974
on 4/15/10 1:53 pm - Austell, GA
Yes ma'am.. U may want to look at Dr. Voellinger NC or Dr. Houston TN. I used Dr. V and I will tell u I am so thankful bc I hear so many things and I have had NOT 1 none zip zilch nada complications.

HW: 410 PLD: 401 SW: 388.8 CW: 240 GW: 180                   

Use Code: TouchstoneGA12 to get your OH conference tickets for $49.00
sassyjonz
on 4/15/10 11:28 am - Atlanta, GA

Yes, Dr. Maynard is only performing the DS open so if that is a concern then you may need to look at Dr. Houston in TN.  But I have to tell you, recovery times can vary greatly with the DS, regardless of whether you had it open or lap.  It depends a lot more on your age, your pre- surgery weight, your co-morbids and general health going into surgery as to how quickly you bounce back afterwards.

Lis

Starting weight & height: 265/5' 8.5; Goal weight: 160; Current weight: 155

Lynne
on 4/16/10 3:32 am - Macon, GA
I went to Augusta yesterday for Dr Chasen's seminar.... I am really impressed by him and his staff.  I will have to use him as out of network and see what happens from there.  Thanks for all the comments, I did check all the Dr's that were discussed and Dr. Maynard is the only one in network and I DO NOT want an open procedure if it is not necessary.  Thanks again. 
2muchfluff
on 4/18/10 12:30 am
There are two doctors that do WLS at Memorial Hospital in Savannah, however, I was not impressed with their informational seminar.  I also went to Augusta, and I was greatly impressed by Dr. Chasen's presentation and the staff.  I am sorry that your insurance coverage limits your choices.  That really sucks.  I hope you find someone to meet your needs.  I have to tell you, also, that the Augusta group uses Dr. Connie Stapleton for their psych evaluation and that she is awesome!
Lynne
on 4/19/10 7:08 am - Macon, GA
That is good to know... I am sold on Dr Chasen... just feel he is right for me.  Even if I have to wait for open enrollment and change plans.  Thanks for the info....
Most Active