WOW - 3 months in already!

CPGinGA
on 4/12/10 8:08 am - Marietta, GA
WOW - I can't believe that I started this process in February and it's 3 months later... where has the time gone?

I did something very smart today and I would like to share it with you all, and perhaps newbies that are starting the process.

I had my 3 therapist visit on Saturday and my regular Doctor visit this afternoon. I went ahead and booked the next three appointments (May, June and July) for the 1st of each month with each Doctor. This way, come Thursday July 1, I will be done and both Doctors promised me that all my paperwork will be ready on Friday to go! I spoke to the insurance person from UHC and she said that they can get the surgery scheduled within a week of getting all the paperwork! That means I won't have to miss any time from school (that is, if I still have a teaching job next year, that is!)

I can't believe it's been 3 months already!

On a good note, I've lost 14 pounds since January, but I still need the surgery!

Woot! Woot!
brenda549
on 4/12/10 9:52 am - Duluth, GA
You are doing so well!  Congratulations! 

Just a little caution.  I was told last year that June/July, and November/December seem to be the busiest months for surgeries (teachers going back to work and patients trying to get the surgery before the end of the year).  And with more SHBP members switching because this coverage is now offered, it may be more so this year. 

Just be sure to keep your patience.  You will soon reap the wonderful rewards of your decision to take this journey! 
                                                HW357-CW235-GW150
            Join my journey at www.entirelybrenda.com.

LaShelle2
on 4/12/10 11:37 am - STOCKBRIDGE, GA
Hey. Good to hear you're still hanging in there and keeping on track. It will all be over before you know it. Could you post some pics. I am dying to know aht you look like.

**** I AM AN OH SUPPORT GROUP LEADER ****
WHY I CHOSE DS: 
No dumping.  Highest percentage of weight loss, Best long term results,  Won't regain weight!  Eat normal sized meals,  96% diabeties, 90% high blood pressure, 80% sleep apnea cured.                                    I  MY DS!
My doctor told me to stop having intimate dinners for four unless there were three other people.    ~Orson Wells  

CPGinGA
on 5/3/10 5:44 am - Marietta, GA
I am anxiously awaiting... still have a lot of paper work to do with the therapist and Doctor, but I know that it will be here soon. Once the paperwork gets submitted, how long does it take to schedule the surgery?
brenda549
on 5/3/10 9:02 am - Duluth, GA
Depends on how busy Dr. Macik is.  I had my approval mid November and surgery was scheduled for mid December.  But EVERYBODY was trying to get in before the end of the year. 
                                                HW357-CW235-GW150
            Join my journey at www.entirelybrenda.com.

Most Active