NEW TO THIS BOARD!!!

bgprettygrl
on 4/11/10 1:01 pm, edited 4/11/10 2:31 pm
�Hi, my name is Tina and I am new to this board but� not new to this site. I am finally closer to surgery than I have ever been. It has been a very long and painful journey. I am looking for a friend or friends in the Atlanta/Gainesville surrounding areas. I don't live in GA�but I am coming there for surgery. Just need a lil support since I kno my family won't be able to be here� while I recover. Does anyone kno where I can find an angel?
Roxy2974
on 4/11/10 2:04 pm - Austell, GA
CONGRATS TO U! Where in GA are u having your surgery? Any help you need we are here for u.

HW: 410 PLD: 401 SW: 388.8 CW: 240 GW: 180                   

Use Code: TouchstoneGA12 to get your OH conference tickets for $49.00
bgprettygrl
on 4/11/10 2:11 pm
I will be in Gainesville at Obesity Solutions Dr. Robert Richards. Thanks, I need all the support  I can get.
Roxy2974
on 4/11/10 2:34 pm - Austell, GA
Gainesville, not sure where it is but I am willing to be there for u and I am sure others will volunteer as well. I too was out of town to do my surgery but I was blessed enough to have a very Good Friend and My Mom there with me. so I would love to pay it fwd to u.

HW: 410 PLD: 401 SW: 388.8 CW: 240 GW: 180                   

Use Code: TouchstoneGA12 to get your OH conference tickets for $49.00
bgprettygrl
on 4/11/10 2:38 pm
I would really appreciate that but I as of today, I dont have a date yet. All of my info has been submitted and now the insurance company will take their time lol but I am thankful for the process.
LaShelle2
on 4/12/10 12:53 am - STOCKBRIDGE, GA
Hey Tina. Welcome to the board.  Does your surgeon have a support group? Maybe you can find an angel through the support group. Will you be coming by yourself for the surgery?

**** I AM AN OH SUPPORT GROUP LEADER ****
WHY I CHOSE DS: 
No dumping.  Highest percentage of weight loss, Best long term results,  Won't regain weight!  Eat normal sized meals,  96% diabeties, 90% high blood pressure, 80% sleep apnea cured.                                    I  MY DS!
My doctor told me to stop having intimate dinners for four unless there were three other people.    ~Orson Wells  

bgprettygrl
on 4/12/10 4:19 pm
Thanks for the warm welcome.Yes, but I have only been to one session since I live in another state. My fam will come but they cant stay since I plan to be in this area for at least 2 weeks. I am just worried about the 1st week after the surgery until my release from the Dr's care.Gonna stay in Atl after I am released to recuperate.
LaShelle2
on 4/12/10 10:18 pm - STOCKBRIDGE, GA
Since you are travelling for your surgery, you may be eligible for a discounted hotel room,.  Speak with the hospital social worker for a list of discounted or free places to stay.  I stayed at Hospitality House in Nashville and it was free. I believe there is a Hospitality House in Atlanta too.  Most hospitals have a list of discounted hotels. Also you can try Priceline, Hotwire, or Last Minute Travel for name your own price or undercover rate.   Plus many hotels will offer a discount if you are staying a long time.  

WHY I CHOSE DS: 
No dumping.  Highest percentage of weight loss, Best long term results,  Won't regain weight!  Eat normal sized meals,  96% diabeties, 90% high blood pressure, 80% sleep apnea cured.                                    I  MY DS!
My doctor told me to stop having intimate dinners for four unless there were three other people.    ~Orson Wells  

LaShelle2
on 4/13/10 2:22 am - STOCKBRIDGE, GA
You know you may not need to stay in Atl that long. I  rode home from Nashville the day I was released and I was fine. I just stopped a few times to walk.   Maybe you can fly home? Or drive halfway and make an overnight stop.

WHY I CHOSE DS: 

MzTiff
on 4/13/10 1:14 am - Lithonia, GA
Hey Tina,
Girl, I am also from the SIP.......  (LOUD and Proud)!   Welcome to the board.  I'll have to PM you all of my info because I have to take care of anyone from "home".  Glad to have you on the board!
Most Active