Primary Care Physicial in Atlanta

cindyls06
on 4/9/10 12:10 pm - Marietta, GA
Hi, I am new to the boards. This is actually my first post. I am new to the Atlanta area and I am definitely going to be getting VSG. I am thinking about going with Dr. Johnson from Emory Johns Creek Hospital.

In any case, my health insurance UHC is requiring 6 month md supervised weight loss, which is slightly a bummer, but I am just happy the insurance is pretty much covering everything. In any case, I now need a new PCP and I am hoping to find someone who is WLS friendly and also can help me with this 6 month requirement.

I actually am on the border of Atlanta and Marietta.  Any suggestions you have would be greatly appreciated!

-Cindy
brenda549
on 4/10/10 12:51 am, edited 4/10/10 12:51 am - Duluth, GA
Welcome!

I can't help you with the PCP.  I haven't seen mine in a few years and my endocinologist was the one I saw for my 6 month diet. 

I can say that I attend support group at Emory Johns Creek and anyone that is a patient of Dr. Johnson only says wonderful things about him.  He actually discharged me from Emory Johns Creek after my surgery.  He and Dr. Macik share weekend duties there for each other's patients, or they did back in December.  Dr. Johnson is also very nice to look at! 

As for the 6 months, they will move quickly.  They truly were the fastest 6 months of my life.  It was this time last year that I contacted UHC for my preadvisement with a nurse coordinator.  It truly was the best decision I ever made. 
                                                HW357-CW235-GW150
            Join my journey at www.entirelybrenda.com.

cindyls06
on 4/12/10 3:04 pm - Marietta, GA
Thanks Brenda!  I was thinking that the 6 months was going to be very slow for me, but you give me hope that it won't be that bad.  You are certainly right about Dr Johnson in the looks department. He seemed really nice and knowledgable. I am not 100% sure since I have several options. I am going to check out Dr. Champion in Marietta as well. That is a lot closer to where I live, but going to John's Creek isn't that bad.  You seem like you are doing really well thanks again for responding!  -C
graciemaeryan
on 4/10/10 6:31 am - Atlanta, GA
I had my surgery at Emory John's Creek and they were great.  Dr Christopher Hart is my surgeon and I think highly of him (I am a nurse).

My PCP is part of Laureate Medical Group.  They have multiple locations.

I am also UHC but was able to do their 3 month program.

Good luck to you!

Gracie Mae    

cindyls06
on 4/12/10 3:09 pm - Marietta, GA
Oh that is really good to know Gracie!  Thanks for responding.  i am still checking out doctors and as I mentioned about I am considering Dr. Champion. According to his website he has people he can hook you up with to do the 6 month program. I will still need to find a good PCP even if I do that. I will look into the Laureate Group. I called one doctors office and explained my story and the receptionist wasn't really nice and she was unsure if the doctor could help me with the 6 month supervised weight loss. I tried to explain to her how simple it was, but she said she would talk to the dr and get back to me and she never did. :(
K M.
on 4/30/10 3:00 pm - Atlanta, GA
Good news first -- My PCP is really great! She is knowledgable about WLS and she even has a supervised weight loss program.

Bad news -- She's on the other side of town in South Fulton.

Dr. Cassandra Treadway
3885 Princeton Lakes Parkway St. 300

Atlanta, GA 30331
(404) 344-0059

Most Active