WoW Moment

LaShelle2
on 4/5/10 11:34 am, edited 4/5/10 11:37 am - STOCKBRIDGE, GA
I had a wow moment this weekend.  My sweetie treated me to a weekend getaway at Myrle Beach,  SC.   We stayed at a beautiful condo at the Embassy Suites Kingston Plantation Condos.

Saturday, we went to the Nascar Speedpark at Broadway at the Beach. Now, I never would have even tried this pre-op.  1st of all, I would have hated all the walking.  Plus I would have had to pee all the time. Pre-op I had to pee ALL the time. I think too much fat was weighing down on my bladder.  I was always scouting out the restroom everywhere I went.

Most importantly, I NEVER would have even tried to fit on those rides.  I was so psyched to fit in the rides with room to spare. I even got on one of the kiddie rides just for the hell of it.

Being 130 pounds lighter is so AWESOME!!!  

I Lve My DS!!!

p.s. 

It's amazing what you can do in a Jacuzzi garden tub when you're normal sized.     

Me at Nascar Speedpark

I FIT YES!

OK, I love this pic below because it was the 1st time I wore a strapless bra that actually worked!  Before there was just too much volume up there and gravity won every time no matter how much I invested in a bra. Plus I love my arms. I had such a phobia about having excess skin and having bad arms post-op, but mine actually are holding up great.   They're not perfect,  but I am happy!

**** I AM AN OH SUPPORT GROUP LEADER ****
WHY I CHOSE DS: 
No dumping.  Highest percentage of weight loss, Best long term results,  Won't regain weight!  Eat normal sized meals,  96% diabeties, 90% high blood pressure, 80% sleep apnea cured.                                    I  MY DS!
My doctor told me to stop having intimate dinners for four unless there were three other people.    ~Orson Wells  

brenda549
on 4/5/10 9:36 pm - Duluth, GA
You look amazing!  And happy, too!
                                                HW357-CW235-GW150
            Join my journey at www.entirelybrenda.com.

Fascinated One
on 4/6/10 1:29 am - Atlanta, GA
Looking cute girlie. Your shape looks very natural on you.
START 318 | CW 179 | GW 165 | --- Updated Feb 3, 2012 (-139) 
~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~
Have you researched all of your options?
Duodenal Switch--Check it out at 
DSFacts.com and www.duodenalswitch.com/
LaShelle2
on 4/6/10 4:40 am - STOCKBRIDGE, GA
Thanks. I really would ike the weight to start slowing down. Of course Dr. Houston says don't worry about it. But I like my curves!!!

How are you doing with your DS journey? 

WHY I CHOSE DS: 
No dumping.  Highest percentage of weight loss, Best long term results,  Won't regain weight!  Eat normal sized meals,  96% diabeties, 90% high blood pressure, 80% sleep apnea cured.                                    I  MY DS!
My doctor told me to stop having intimate dinners for four unless there were three other people.    ~Orson Wells  

Fascinated One
on 4/6/10 5:06 am - Atlanta, GA
Enjoy the ride while it lasts! Not too many times in life have we been able to say stop the losing!

Dr. Houston's staff has got their stuff together. They got insurance approval in 4 days! I'll be heading to Nashville on April 26th unless they have a cancellation and can see me earlier.
START 318 | CW 179 | GW 165 | --- Updated Feb 3, 2012 (-139) 
~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~
Have you researched all of your options?
Duodenal Switch--Check it out at 
DSFacts.com and www.duodenalswitch.com/
LaShelle2
on 4/6/10 5:47 am - STOCKBRIDGE, GA
I agree they are awesome. Holly and Elizabeth are always on top of things and are always so chipper and upbeat!

Let me know when your surgery will be. We DS'ers have started a tradition of having a
pre-surgery shower for our new Switch Sisters and I'd love to get something together for you.

Have you been to Centennial yet? It is great. I went before my surgery and asked the nurses to show me the rooms and got to meet a few of them. It made it less scary when I woke up in my room becuase it was familliar and I even remembered a few of the nurses.

The nurses there are all so sweet and caring (except Joan  ).

In case you don't have plans for Saturday I am having a support group meeting at Henry Medical and we will be doing a protein sampling. I'll also have some vitamin samples and goodies. Stop by so you can to get some ideas and pre-op support. There should be other DSers there too. It is 11-22 in the Foundation Education Building upstairs.

If you need a place for your family to stay ask the hospital social worker for a referral to Hospitality House. They will give you a room at Extended Stay America for free or $20 depending on your income. If you are not able to pay, let them know and they will waive the $20.   You can stay up to 30 days and they will let you check in 1 day before your surgery, since you'll want to drive up a day ahead.  The hotel was nice, clean, and in a safe area. Not luxury, but suited the purpose, especially since my mom was at the hospital with me 90% of the time and only went to the hotel to shower.   website: www.hospitalhospitalityhouse.org

Feel free to call me any time you need anything. My number is 678-860-8806.  You WILL need a ton of support with the DS. The first couple of months can be pretty rough.
  •  

WHY I CHOSE DS: 

Deborah T.
on 4/6/10 5:37 am - GA
Don't it feel Great.  You look Awesome.

I had a WOW moment about 2 weeks ago.  I was with my daughter, and she wanted me to go and get in the Tanning Bed.  I did and I was like OH MY LORD I HAVE ROOM TO MOVE AROUND.

Getting me a Tan, we are going to the Beach this summer.  Going to be ONE HOT MAMA.

I Love those WOW Moments

Deborah

GETTING HEALTHY ONE POUND AT A TIME

Deborah Turrell
Obesity Help Support Group Leader/Obesity Help Life Coach

LaShelle2
on 4/6/10 5:49 am - STOCKBRIDGE, GA
Not sure about the tanning bed since I have a natural tan ,  but it does feel great to fit into tight places. I totally agree.

Which beach are you all going to?

WHY I CHOSE DS: 

M U.
on 4/6/10 7:48 am
LaShelle, you look amazing...and very happy!!

So glad for you!  I need to make it out to the next Meet N Greet. I miss hanging out with you guys.
LaShelle2
on 4/6/10 8:57 am - STOCKBRIDGE, GA
post some updated pics of yourself Merle. I want to see how skinny you are!!!

WHY I CHOSE DS: 

Most Active