Columbus Bariatric Surgeon

babagrlshell
on 3/30/10 7:04 am - Columbus, GA
I posted last week about finding a Bariatric Surgeon for follow ups in Columbus. The Dr is Reginald Williams through Columbus Clinic. He's the only ASMBS certified Bariatric surgeon here, and does Lap Band Only and per his receptionist (nurse?) "refuses to see any RNY, VSG, or DS patients for follow ups". That he "absolutely will not touch them". She put me on hold three times when I asked questions and further information as to why or what I should do, and she said those words were from his mouth. I'm just like "WTH" if I have an emergency and I go to the hospital that he is on call with, what, is he going to refuse to touch me if I have a bowel perf, or need another dilation or some crap? GEEZ. I'm a little irritated. I just wanted to have someone local IN CASE there's a complication. You know, like a security blanket. 

So I suppose off to Atlanta I go! 
michelle202
on 3/30/10 8:43 am - GA
Well I think that speaks VOLUMES about that doctor! WTH is right! WOW! My surgeon is even further out of your way, or I would recommend them. Let me know how its going with the search.
micvsgmom.com

babagrlshell
on 3/30/10 11:29 am - Columbus, GA
I got a few recommendations last week when I introduced myself (down the board). So I'll call them tomorrow and go from there. 

I wanted to request a few additional things for my 6 month blood work, but I think I'll go to a PCP and ask them. 

I'll keep you updated.
LaShelle2
on 3/30/10 8:58 am, edited 3/30/10 8:58 am - STOCKBRIDGE, GA
IMO if he's scared to touch a rny, DS, or vsg, he isn't qualified enough to be poking around your tummy anyway!!! RED FLAG!!!

Even if I wanted a band, I don't think I would go to somebody who could only do a band.

Girl crank up the radio and head 85N!!! I drive 4+hours for my follow ups.  You can do it.  Plenty to do in Atlanta while you're here. Make it a treat when you come and do some fun stuff too.

**** I AM AN OH SUPPORT GROUP LEADER ****
WHY I CHOSE DS: 
No dumping.  Highest percentage of weight loss, Best long term results,  Won't regain weight!  Eat normal sized meals,  96% diabeties, 90% high blood pressure, 80% sleep apnea cured.                                    I  MY DS!
My doctor told me to stop having intimate dinners for four unless there were three other people.    ~Orson Wells  

babagrlshell
on 3/30/10 11:41 am - Columbus, GA
I know! I thought it was SO stupid. I was more in disbelief than pissed off. 

I haven't made a trip to Atlanta since I've been here, so I'll just make fun day trips out of it! 
Most Active