OMG !!! I need encouragement

DeniseATL
on 3/28/10 9:58 pm - Atlanta, GA
Hi everyone,

OMG  I am so overwhelmed.  I am working on having DS with Dr. Houston in TN.  I am so overwhelmed with the insurance portion of everything.  I do not want to do anything wrong because to tell you the truth I do not trust the insurance companies.  I am raising two kids on my own and working full time.  I feel like the time and effort necessary for this is workable but i wil drive myself crazy trying to make sure everything is done.  I know it must be done but...BOY  did I needed to VENT!

Happy Monday
LaShelle2
on 3/29/10 1:23 am, edited 3/29/10 1:26 am - STOCKBRIDGE, GA
Denise, take a deep breath and calm down. Whew. This can seem overwhelming, but you can and will get through it. I thought I Was going to lose my mind when I was going through this last year.

You are in excellent hands with Dr. Houston and the staff at Centennial. Holly and Elizabeth will work with the financial staff at Centennial to make sure you are approved super quick. As long as you do everything on the list they WILL approve you.  I have only heard of 1 shbp member not being approved and that was because they changed the pre-op requirements without telling her, and she was approved on appeal. Everybody else has been approved at the 1st request.

You have my number and Izzy's number and you can call us anytime.

Here is a big hug for you.  As crazy as all this seems right now, it really is worth it and this time next year you will be so busy being cute and sexy you won't even remember half of it.

When are you going to Nashville to see Dr. Houston?  Me, Izzy, and Curvybarbie are due for follow up appts soon.  Maybe you can ride with us. We normally carpool and make it a girlfriend getaway when we go.  It saves money and makes the drive more bearable when you have friends with you.

Can't wait to meet you at next month's support meeting April 10 at Henry Medical. Bring the kids and something to keep them entertained if you can't get a sitter.

~LaShelle

**** I AM AN OH SUPPORT GROUP LEADER ****
WHY I CHOSE DS: 
No dumping.  Highest percentage of weight loss, Best long term results,  Won't regain weight!  Eat normal sized meals,  96% diabeties, 90% high blood pressure, 80% sleep apnea cured.                                    I  MY DS!
My doctor told me to stop having intimate dinners for four unless there were three other people.    ~Orson Wells  

DeniseATL
on 3/29/10 1:26 am - Atlanta, GA
Thanks Lasheele,  I will proabably have to bring the kids so thank you for that.  I can not acess your number from work... can you call me....im free at 11:30 and 1:30 then after 3.   Thanks so much...you all are really a blessing
MickATL
on 3/30/10 9:01 pm - Tucker, GA
The insurance process can be a bit overwhelming. I know I had to documnt my previous diet attempts which I put into a spreadsheet format. I can email that to you if you need an example of what that looks like. It doesn't have to be that elaborate either. Not sure what exactly they are asking for.

There is a saying, "You know how you eat an elephant? ONE bite at a time!"

You just have to break this task up individual pieces and tackle them one by one. Don't swim in the overall list of things you have to do. It will seem overwhelming. That's the elephant. Start taking it apart ONE bite at a time. You can do it!
Mick in Atlanta, GA
Banded 6-18-07
sw 324 & 56"w / cw 214 & 38"w

bskarenf
on 4/9/10 11:23 am
the insurance companies want you to feel that way, some want you to give up  like i did in 2003
i finally  found a program that  helped me  .   that is something i wish i would of done in 2003 and maybe i wouldnt of got up to over 300lbs.     back  then i let insurance worry me to a frazzle
 dont do that , take one thing at a time.   relax    good luck   karen

DeniseATL
on 4/9/10 11:47 am - Atlanta, GA
Thanks everyone I refuse to give uP!  Mick I would love it if you could send me that spreadsheet

my email is [email protected]
Most Active