I'm new here!!

michelle202
on 4/1/10 11:50 pm - GA
Thank you all so much! I appreciate the welcomes and the words of support!

Mick, I honestly didn't have a goal of size. I have been thinking about it a lot since I read your comment, and I guess I should set that huh? I had not really set a goal weight. I just want to be in the NORMAL BMI range. I don't know what is realistic yet. I see people who get down really small, but I can not picture myself like that. I can fantasize. 

Anyway, your questions have made me think a lot. And I sincerely appreciate them. thank you!
micvsgmom.com

graciemaeryan
on 4/10/10 6:44 am - Atlanta, GA
I am also a patient of Dr. Hart and think he is really great (I am a nurse).

We discussed my weight goal (for which I have gotten a bit of grief on some boards) and he thought it was the right choice for me.

I feel healthy at 150, like the way I look at 150 and was off BP meds pre-op (UHC insurance 3 month program).

I would just caution not to get a date set in your mind - I did but it didn't happen - twice. Long story.

Good luck to you and welcome to the boards.
Gracie Mae    

michelle202
on 4/10/10 9:58 pm - GA
Thank you Gracie!

I have told everybody around me that I can't REALLY tell them when the surgery will be. I know I will be finished with my presurgical requirements in June. But then it is up to the insurance company. I know all too well how they can be. A former ins. co of ours denied my daughter's cleft lip repair as cosmetic surgery! Can you imagine? The appeal for that didn't take long because, well, it was ridiculous.  I am hopeful for July, but time will tell.
micvsgmom.com

Most Active