on 3/15/10 6:59 am
Was wondering if anyone knew of a DS Doctor near ******* GA
I found one in Marietta, but Dr. Smith only works on his own patients
I also searched the OH boards and haven't found anything yet
I already have the DS just need followup
Thanks

Roxy2974
on 3/15/10 7:52 am - Austell, GA
GA has 2 Dr's. Dr. Maynard who is probably closer to ******* I am not sure but I think he is in Rockdale County and Dr. Smith and He will not touch another surgeons Patient. I am sure Dr. Maynards patients can give u more info. U may want to contact Dr. Scott Steinberg at DeKalb Medical, he does not do the DS but I know that he is fully aware of the DS and has helped other DS patients, he is a very good resource as well. Unfortunately, you may have to go out of state like most of us DS patients in GA. U can go to NC to Dr. David Voellinger and I know he does assist other Dr patients as I have witnessed it  or Dr. Houston in TN not sure if he would see u but his patients may respond as well. Good Luck!

HW: 410 PLD: 401 SW: 388.8 CW: 240 GW: 180                   

Use Code: TouchstoneGA12 to get your OH conference tickets for $49.00
Karla N.
on 3/15/10 8:09 am
Thank you for the resources
This helps alot
I will try them all tomorrow and see what I can come up with
Hugs

Roxy2974
on 3/16/10 11:02 am - Austell, GA
How did it go today? Did you contact Dr. Maynard and Dr, Scott? Let me know what's going on.

HW: 410 PLD: 401 SW: 388.8 CW: 240 GW: 180                   

Use Code: TouchstoneGA12 to get your OH conference tickets for $49.00
Karla N.
on 3/17/10 4:16 am
Yup,
I contacted Dr. Maynard and was told he does not take patients he did not do surgery on.....
So I am back to sqare one...
I will call Dr. Scott now
Thanks

LaShelle2
on 3/15/10 11:55 pm - STOCKBRIDGE, GA
I tried finding a local surgon for my follow up and gave up.  Since I have some Switch Sisters who used DR. Houston in Nashville around the same time I had my DS, we just carpool for our follow up visits and make a girlfriend weekend of it... making lemonade out of lemons. 

You can try some non-DS surgeons for your follow up or even your pcp.  If your surgeon will communicate with your pcp on labs and such most of that can be done locally. Maybe you can just fly back to see your surgeon once a year for your annual.

It is hard to find someone to do follow up if you go out of state even for rny or band. People that go out of the country also have this challenge. For some reason wls surgeon's just don't want to touch another surgeon's patient.  That's why pre-ops should really think hard about their surgeon and the office staff because you pretty much will be joined at the hip for life.  

OT- Where did you have your DS? How have you been post op? Are you pleased with the results so far? Any complications?

Your Switch Sister,
LaShelle

**** I AM AN OH SUPPORT GROUP LEADER ****
WHY I CHOSE DS: 
No dumping.  Highest percentage of weight loss, Best long term results,  Won't regain weight!  Eat normal sized meals,  96% diabeties, 90% high blood pressure, 80% sleep apnea cured.                                    I  MY DS!
My doctor told me to stop having intimate dinners for four unless there were three other people.    ~Orson Wells  

Karla N.
on 3/17/10 8:46 am
I had my DS with Dr. Maguire in dayton, OH
he was great
I think I am doing good, but I wonder about my labs
I am pleased with the results although It is tough for me to realize that I am 110 pounds lighter
I feel like I still look the same just a little smaller
the mirror plays tricks on me,you know
No complications so far except for the awfull rib pain I had right after surgery
How about you
Hugs

LaShelle2
on 3/17/10 10:48 am - STOCKBRIDGE, GA
I feel GREAT. I had a rough time weeks 2-4ish because I wasn't eating and drinking enough, but bounced back quickly when I started to force it down. Now I can't stop eating and losing.   We are gettign together Saturday for a meet and greet and a few other DS'ers will be there. You should join us. Izzy is planning everything. If you can come let her know.

WHY I CHOSE DS: 
No dumping.  Highest percentage of weight loss, Best long term results,  Won't regain weight!  Eat normal sized meals,  96% diabeties, 90% high blood pressure, 80% sleep apnea cured.                                    I  MY DS!
My doctor told me to stop having intimate dinners for four unless there were three other people.    ~Orson Wells  

LaShelle2
on 3/17/10 10:50 am - STOCKBRIDGE, GA
Can you get your labs done here with your pcp and have the results faxed to OH and do a phone appt with Dr. M?  Just a thought.   The main thing is to get your labs drawn cause they really don't do much of a physical exam this far out anyway.

WHY I CHOSE DS: 

Most Active