Anyone have Dr. Macik

sarahvpatton
on 3/8/10 12:33 am - marietta, GA
I have a couple questions regarding the paperwork process with Dr. Macik.  I'm wondering if anyone has any issues with it. 
LaShelle2
on 3/8/10 1:21 am, edited 3/8/10 1:22 am - STOCKBRIDGE, GA
Try going to his surgeons page, and PM some of the members who have commented there.  If you look at the date of the comment and try to contact recent ones, they will probably have the most current info.

Here is a link.

http://www.obesityhelp.com/morbidobesity/bariatric+surgeon+r eviews+Paul+Macik+fns.html

He has a lot of reviews, so you should have some luck there.

~LaShelle

**** I AM AN OH SUPPORT GROUP LEADER ****
WHY I CHOSE DS: 
No dumping.  Highest percentage of weight loss, Best long term results,  Won't regain weight!  Eat normal sized meals,  96% diabeties, 90% high blood pressure, 80% sleep apnea cured.                                    I  MY DS!
My doctor told me to stop having intimate dinners for four unless there were three other people.    ~Orson Wells  

brenda549
on 3/8/10 1:26 am - Duluth, GA
I see Dr. Macik.  My surgery was back in December.  Ask away!  If you do not want to post your questions here, send me a message. 
                                                HW357-CW235-GW150
            Join my journey at www.entirelybrenda.com.

sarahvpatton
on 3/8/10 1:48 am - marietta, GA
Okay, so I met with Dr. Macik one time in January and I liked him and the staff that day.  I have since been collecting all the paper work and getting it to them.  I got all the paperwork to them at least 3 weeks ago... and they have still not gotten all the paperwork to my insurance. I have called there a lot and no one calls me back when they say they will or when I leave messages..  I talk to someone and they tell me they will fax something right then, but then when I call and check with the insurance they really haven't.  Today I finally called my insurance and had them call the office and get the Pre-Cert started.  This all just gives me a bad feeling, but I dont know what to do.  I'm thiking about changing surgeons.  any thoughts or advice would be appreciated.
LaShelle2
on 3/8/10 2:31 am, edited 3/8/10 2:31 am - STOCKBRIDGE, GA
I had a similar experience with Dr. V's office in Charlotte. (read all about it on my blog) I had done all the pre-op requirements, and I was psyched and ready to get the ball rolling. Unfortunately they did not share my enthusiasm and took foreeeeever to send anything to Cigna.  I ended up switching surgeons becuse I was on a tight time crunch, as I wanted to get my DS while my son was on summer break.   You may want to try calling or e-mailing Dr. Macik directly.  He may be able to offer some "encouragement" to his staff.  Also try e-mailing instead of calling so you have  a paper trail.  Plus, ask them how long it will take to get your surgery scheduled  once insurance approves you.  That would be more frustrating than getting the stuff to insurance... having the approval and them not giving you a date.

I can't say whether you should switch surgeons or not. That's your call.   If you really like Dr. Macik, give them a week or so.   Let them know if they haven't made some progress by  X______date  you'll be switching surgeons.  Maybe that will work?

WHY I CHOSE DS: 
No dumping.  Highest percentage of weight loss, Best long term results,  Won't regain weight!  Eat normal sized meals,  96% diabeties, 90% high blood pressure, 80% sleep apnea cured.                                    I  MY DS!
My doctor told me to stop having intimate dinners for four unless there were three other people.    ~Orson Wells  

sarahvpatton
on 3/8/10 2:48 am - marietta, GA
I'm not sure where i would find his email address... but you have great ideas!
LaShelle2
on 3/8/10 4:02 am - STOCKBRIDGE, GA
Ask for it.  I have my surgeons e-mail, office,  cell and home phone.  

WHY I CHOSE DS: 

brenda549
on 3/8/10 4:23 am - Duluth, GA

I did not have any problems with them getting the information to the insurance company for approval.  However, there have been a few times that I would call and would not get a call back.  I would have to call them back again.  I also called them every other day after I knew my doctor had sent over my paper work, just checking to see if it was received.  That damn squeaky wheel...  :)

I do know that they became short handed in late January.  I am not sure if he has hired anyone to replace the nurse or not.  Tiffinae has been handling everything in the front office.  This by NO MEANS is an excuse. 

However, I chose him because of his surgeon skills, not his front office staff.  Anytime I needed to know something important I have always been able to speak to him directly if he is in the office.  

If you like him and you are not pleased with the service his staff is giving you, by all means let him and the staff know.  It is the only way for them to know that they have something they need to improve on.  I do not have his personal email, but the email for the office is [email protected]

I hope this helps you with whatever decision you make. 

HW357-CW235-GW150
            Join my journey at www.entirelybrenda.com.

LaShelle2
on 3/8/10 2:36 am - STOCKBRIDGE, GA
Forgot  to add... if you DO switch surgeons, it may not necessarily speed things up. If the new surgeon  has their own set of pre-op requirements, attending their seminar, consult, testing with their people, etc, you may end up waiting just as long, not to mention the time it will take Macik's staff to fax your file (which is why I reccomend everyone keep your own copies of ALL your tests and offc visit notes).

SO if you do switch, do your research and know what you're up against with the other doctor.

WHY I CHOSE DS: 

curiouscat7
on 3/8/10 6:53 am
I have Macik as my surgeon... I had switched surgeons do to a very costly mistake with paperwork and his office was wonderful

Tiffany is great... Hang in there... call her and she will help you... be your own advocate . But in all honesty it's only paperwork and he is the best.... I could have not asked for a better surgeon....

CC
View more of my photos at ObesityHelp.com
Most Active