Case Manager Question

FOXYBROWN MAMA
on 3/2/10 8:15 am
 Are you penalized if you don't talk to your case manager, monthly?  I have emailed mine a few times, left messages etc.  She responded to a couple emails, but I haven't heard from her since then.
LaShelle2
on 3/2/10 10:23 pm - STOCKBRIDGE, GA
I wish I could help, but I have Cigna HRA and I believe you have UHC.   I am not sure how often you have to speak withthem, but if I were you I would ask for a supervisor. Ask to be switched to another case manager.  Also back up each of your calls with an e-mail, so you have documentation of your attempts to comply with the program.   Calling and complaining that you keep calling and can't get a response is one thing, but when you have dates and times and who you speak is so valuable.

**** I AM AN OH SUPPORT GROUP LEADER ****
WHY I CHOSE DS: 
No dumping.  Highest percentage of weight loss, Best long term results,  Won't regain weight!  Eat normal sized meals,  96% diabeties, 90% high blood pressure, 80% sleep apnea cured.                                    I  MY DS!
My doctor told me to stop having intimate dinners for four unless there were three other people.    ~Orson Wells  

AndreaH09
on 3/3/10 3:24 am
I have UHC HRA and my case manager, after discussing all of the initial information, said she would give me a call in about 4 months (I am in the process of doing the 6 months of supervised dieting).  I have called her a couple of times with questions and both times she returned my call within 24 hours.  There has never been a requirement or discussion of required "check-ins" with my case manager.

Hope this helps!
FOXYBROWN MAMA
on 3/3/10 8:47 am
 Thanks LaShelle and Andrea.  I emailed her last night and she responded today.  She said that as long as we have some communications each month then I'm fine.  I have been saving our emails just in case there are any issues.  I have Cigna HRA.  i really don't have any questions for her, I just wanted to make sure that I was doing everything.  This is my sixth month for support and dr. appts.  I need to call Dr. Smith's office and make an appt.
CColeman
on 3/5/10 10:17 pm
Good Morning!
I have UHC and the only times I talked to my case manager was when the person who had the file at the moment called me. This happened about 4 or 5 times during the year.

Most Active