Moving to Kennesaw/Atlanta, need a follow up Dr

bap1976
on 2/25/10 4:10 am - Amelia, OH
Hey, I am moving to the Kennesaw/Atlanta area @ the end of March.  I am now 7 months out of surgery & am looking a new Dr to do my follow up.  Does anyone have any recommendations?
LaShelle2
on 2/25/10 5:21 am - STOCKBRIDGE, GA
It is really hard to find someone to take you on if you had your surgery out of state.  I believe Dr. Steinburg is LeahH's local surgeon and she had her surgery out of state and moved here. You may just have to see who is in network with your insurance and go down the list and make calls and see who is willing to treat you.

Please let us know if you find some one.  And welcome to Atlanta.

**** I AM AN OH SUPPORT GROUP LEADER ****
WHY I CHOSE DS: 
No dumping.  Highest percentage of weight loss, Best long term results,  Won't regain weight!  Eat normal sized meals,  96% diabeties, 90% high blood pressure, 80% sleep apnea cured.                                    I  MY DS!
My doctor told me to stop having intimate dinners for four unless there were three other people.    ~Orson Wells  

talksoupslp
on 2/26/10 12:42 am
Lashelle is right.  Sometimes it is difficult to get a new surgeon to do followup care.  You might try Dr. Menachari and his associate (I don't remember the other guy's name) at Piedmont Hospital.  I've heard they might take over someone else's patient.

I love my doc, but don't know if he will do it.  His name is Dr. Macik.

Highest Weight/Surgery Weight/Current Weight/Goal
426.4/356/216.8/165?
Cathy W.
on 2/27/10 10:33 am, edited 2/27/10 10:34 am
Hi Bap,

You might also contact your previous doctor to see if he or she can make any referrals or contact someone on your behalf.�

You could also contact the American Society for Metabolic & Bariatric Surgery for surgeons in your new area. You can reach the ASMBS at www.asmbs.org or call them at 352-331-4900.

All the best of luck!

Cathy

Cathy

Want to get back on track or stay on track? Get Back On Track Together!

Deborah T.
on 2/28/10 4:27 am - GA

Dr. Steinberg  a Great Doctor.  He has Taken on Leah and also my friend Jean.  Call Shauna and talk with her.  I don't know what type of insurance you have but you can talk with her.  The Number is 404-501-7903.  His Office is in Decatur, Ga.

Tell Shauna that  Deborah Turrell referred you.  If you have any other questions about him, just PM me.

Deborah Turrell

GETTING HEALTHY ONE POUND AT A TIME

Deborah Turrell
Obesity Help Support Group Leader/Obesity Help Life Coach

Roxy2974
on 2/28/10 5:01 am - Austell, GA
I 3rd Dr. Steinberg! I know he has taken on 2 of my friends one from Ohio and the other from NY. he is a gem! He was my surgeon until I choose another surgery type that he does not do BUT he is familiar with the procedure wish he performed it. Debra gave all of his info. GOODLUCK and Welcome to the ATL. I work in Kennesaw.

HW: 410 PLD: 401 SW: 388.8 CW: 240 GW: 180                   

Use Code: TouchstoneGA12 to get your OH conference tickets for $49.00
Most Active