Dr. Smith and Wellstar benefits

FOXYBROWN MAMA
on 2/24/10 12:02 pm
Ttoday when I was at my nutrition appt., she told me that Dr. Smith will have his privledges as of 3/1/10.  If that is correct, I will be switching from Dr. Macik to Dr. Smith.
LaShelle2
on 2/24/10 10:23 pm - STOCKBRIDGE, GA
So, does that mean he will FINALLY be accepting shbp Cigna?  If so that will be great for shbp members wanting DS or sleeve. 

**** I AM AN OH SUPPORT GROUP LEADER ****
WHY I CHOSE DS: 
No dumping.  Highest percentage of weight loss, Best long term results,  Won't regain weight!  Eat normal sized meals,  96% diabeties, 90% high blood pressure, 80% sleep apnea cured.                                    I  MY DS!
My doctor told me to stop having intimate dinners for four unless there were three other people.    ~Orson Wells  

FOXYBROWN MAMA
on 2/25/10 9:37 am
 I hope so.  I plan on calling them tomorrow to verify.
curiouscat7
on 2/25/10 10:09 am
why on earth would you leave the top surgeon in atl for Dr.smith?

CC
View more of my photos at ObesityHelp.com
sassyjonz
on 2/25/10 10:45 am - Atlanta, GA

Congratulations! Dr. Smith IS THE top surgeon in Atlanta!!

Starting weight & height: 265/5' 8.5; Goal weight: 160; Current weight: 155

curiouscat7
on 2/25/10 9:48 pm
top surgeons don't practice at Kennistone.....!

CC
View more of my photos at ObesityHelp.com
LaShelle2
on 2/25/10 10:34 pm - STOCKBRIDGE, GA
Oh no another good surgeon/bad surgeon war... At least it's a change from the DS/rny war.

CC why don't you like Kennestone.   Now Grady, Atl Med Ctr, S. Fulton I would bring my own can of Lysol, but I thought Kennestone was ok?

**** I AM AN OH SUPPORT GROUP LEADER ****
WHY I CHOSE DS: 
No dumping.  Highest percentage of weight loss, Best long term results,  Won't regain weight!  Eat normal sized meals,  96% diabeties, 90% high blood pressure, 80% sleep apnea cured.                                    I  MY DS!
My doctor told me to stop having intimate dinners for four unless there were three other people.    ~Orson Wells  

CallMeMsE
on 3/1/10 9:25 pm - Duluth, GA
People on this board kill me with who's best this and that.  Look I've been to Northside, Emory and WellStar.  Treatment and quality of standard are the same at all 3.   Dr. Smith's bedside manners were fabulous.  I trusted that my surgeon will ensure that I get the quality of care I wanted and I did.  So don't believe this bull**** these folks on this board be speaking.  If you have any question**** me up on the private line.  BTW, WellStar called me 2 to 3 times following surgery to ensure that I was happy with my services.  Don't recall getting not one call from the other two.  However, the quality of service, as I stated before was pretty much equal across the board.
FOXYBROWN MAMA
on 3/2/10 8:12 am
 Thanks for the feedback.  I'll contact you.
sarahvpatton
on 3/8/10 12:51 am - marietta, GA
I have been trying to work with the people at Dr. Macik's office for over a month just to get them to submit my paperwork to my insurance.  Today the insurance people contacted them to get the process started.  I don't know why this is happening, but it makes me sad... and i was wondering if I should look into switching to Dr. Smith too. 
Most Active