WLS Friendly Primary Care Doctor

Nicole L.
on 2/22/10 11:28 pm - Marietta, ga
Does anyone know of a WLS friendly Primary Care Doctor that's on Humana in the METRO Atlanta area?  I'm looking to have a revision done.  I've had Gastric Bypass surgery in 04/2005, and I've gained a little weight back, but I seem to be able to eat a little more.  I can definitely take in what seems to me a lot of liquids.  I thought about getting the BOB. 

I need help with this, it's like I'm starting all over again and having to do my research.

HELP!!!!
 Nicole
Her Royal Flyness
on 2/23/10 6:07 am
Try Bonnie Ellenoff 70-449-5664

It is never too late to be what you might have been

~George Eliot
Nicole L.
on 2/23/10 10:59 pm - Marietta, ga
Thanks for you response, I will certainly try to look her up on the insurance website or just give them a call.

Have you had a revision?  If so what was it and why?

Can I add you as a friend?

Thanks,
 Nicole
Her Royal Flyness
on 2/24/10 1:46 am
no revision, 2 yrs out from RNY.  I don't know how much you have to loose or what your issues are but the best piece of advice I can give you is make sure you explore all surgery options and compare the long term to  your lifestyle.  Yes feel free to add me as a friend and if you have any questions let me know.

It is never too late to be what you might have been

~George Eliot
LaShelle2
on 2/23/10 11:09 pm - STOCKBRIDGE, GA
My pcp Dr. Gayla Sylvain in Stockbridge is great, but I am not sure if it is too far of a drive for you.  DO make sure your pcp is supportive because they will have to give you a reccomendatin for insurance, and you don't want to have to fight your pcp and the insurance too.   Some old school pcp think you can do it wothout wls, so make it kjnown up from that you plan to have wls and see if they are in your corner.

What are you having a revision to?    What is BOB?   Who does the BOB?   Check out the DS too. I love mine.

**** I AM AN OH SUPPORT GROUP LEADER ****
WHY I CHOSE DS: 
No dumping.  Highest percentage of weight loss, Best long term results,  Won't regain weight!  Eat normal sized meals,  96% diabeties, 90% high blood pressure, 80% sleep apnea cured.                                    I  MY DS!
My doctor told me to stop having intimate dinners for four unless there were three other people.    ~Orson Wells  

Nicole L.
on 2/24/10 3:06 am - Marietta, ga
I'm not really sure what to have the revision to.  I was thinking about the Band over Bypass (BOB).  But the more research I do, I don't know if that's the right thing, being that I have had the Roux en Y.  Have you had a revision?
 Nicole
LaShelle2
on 2/24/10 4:36 am - STOCKBRIDGE, GA
No, I have not had a revision. I had a DS 7 months ago and I have lost  118 pounds.   I chose DS because is has the highest success rate with the amount of weight lost and the amount kept off.  The DS was hard for me the first couple of months. I was convinced anybody who loved the DS was insane. I had visions of flinging my body off a HIGH BRIDGE with no water to catch me.  But,  I got my stregnth back and started eating and drinking enough. Now, I have love it and I can't imagine having any other wls.  

DS'ers rarely have a revision, because the weight is not likely to come back.  If you haven't already researched DS, I hope you consider it as an option.  I know you don't want to put yourself through possibly regaining again.  If  you post to the DS board, you are likely to get some good input from people that have had rny/DS revisions.  Ditto for the band board.

Also check the revisions board.  You should find more support from people in your same shoes on there.   (pssst.... You won't find any DS'ers on there... that should be a big clue that DS is usually a very effective long term surgery).

I pray whatever option you choose, you will be successful at it.  Just carefully consider all the surgeries out there, and be honest about your eating habits and whether you will be able to be compliant and successful with the surgery you choose.  

**** I AM AN OH SUPPORT GROUP LEADER ****
WHY I CHOSE DS: 
No dumping.  Highest percentage of weight loss, Best long term results,  Won't regain weight!  Eat normal sized meals,  96% diabeties, 90% high blood pressure, 80% sleep apnea cured.                                    I  MY DS!
My doctor told me to stop having intimate dinners for four unless there were three other people.    ~Orson Wells  

Most Active