Question: shbp UHC HRA covering plastics?

LaShelle2
on 2/21/10 11:13 pm - STOCKBRIDGE, GA
I spoke with shbp member Barbara Carlay last night and she said UHC HRA had approved her plastics at 1st request with no appeal. She said they were covering a thigh lift and arm lift for her. 

Has anyone else had any plastics approved with shbp Cigna or UHC? 

When I asked about plastics before zI had my DS,  I was told they would not cover it under any cir****tance.

If they are covering it now, this is great news!!!  I may have to switch ti UHC next open enrollment, so I can get my tummy tuck and breast lift.

**** I AM AN OH SUPPORT GROUP LEADER ****
WHY I CHOSE DS: 
No dumping.  Highest percentage of weight loss, Best long term results,  Won't regain weight!  Eat normal sized meals,  96% diabeties, 90% high blood pressure, 80% sleep apnea cured.                                    I  MY DS!
My doctor told me to stop having intimate dinners for four unless there were three other people.    ~Orson Wells  

brenda549
on 2/24/10 8:36 am - Duluth, GA
I was online today on myuhc.com and thought about this question you asked.  So I checked out the section that talks about reconstruction and this is what is says:

Reconstructive Procedures

The following services are not covered:

●    Cosmetic Procedures. Examples include:

●    Pharmacological regimens, nutritional procedures or treatments.

●    Scar or tattoo removal or revision procedures (such as salabrasion, chemosurgery and other skin abrasion procedures).

●    Skin abrasion procedures performed as a treatment for acne.

·        Replacement of an existing breast implant if the earlier breast implant was performed as a Cosmetic Procedure. NOTE:  Replacement of an existing breast implant is considered reconstructive if the initial breast implant followed mastectomy.  Breast Reduction may or may not be considered cosmetic, therefore is subject to prior approval.

●    Physical conditioning programs such as athletic training, bodybuilding, exercise, fitness, flexibility, and diversion or general motivation.

●    Weight loss programs whether or not they are under medical supervision. Weight loss programs for medical reasons are also excluded.

The exclusion of plastic surgeries for removal of excess skin due to WLS was listed here in this section last year.  I cannot find it anymore. As a matter of fact I cannot find the exclusion anywhere in my benefits section.  If I can remember, and I am having one of those weeks so I cannot guarantee I will remember, I will ask my nurse coordinator when I call her tomorrow for my post surgery chat. 

HW357-CW235-GW150
            Join my journey at www.entirelybrenda.com.

Most Active