Post-Op Plastic Surgery Advice needed ASAP!!!!

Idris Elba
on 2/18/10 11:13 am - Cali Transplant, GA
Hey all I NEED HELP!

I'm in need of plastic surgery (breast lift/tummy tuck) however I was told by my primary physican that my insurance United Healthcare will not approve me. I also have bad credit and no money. ANY IDEAS?

Do you know of any doctors in Atlanta/GA who can help me medically justify my surgery? Or any high risk medical lenders that will approve subprime credit?

Any answers would GREATLY help as I'm running out of time and options!

Thanks.
(deactivated member)
on 2/18/10 5:33 pm - GA
I dont know about United Healthcare specifically, but there are guidelines to getting reconstructive surgery covered by insurance.  Insurance generally does not cover a breast lift, but will do better covering a breast reduction.  To cover a breast reduction, they will need to remove approx 6 pounds of breast tissue.  Other possibilities are if one breast is considerably larger than the other breast, or having breast cysts. 

For tummy tuck surgery, they generally dont cover that either, but would cover a pannilectomy. To cover a pannilectomy, the tummy hanging skin (panni) needs to hang below the pubic area.

I am sure you are needing to have these surgeries to look aesthetically pleasing, but very few (if any) insurance companies will cover these surgeries without meeting these guidelines.
LeahA
on 2/18/10 7:33 pm - Atlanta , GA
 I used to have United Healthcare and tried to have a panni done and they wouldn't cover ANY type of skin removal.  They had an exclusion saying that they would not remove any skin for any reason even if it is the only treatment to make something better and even if it is something that the doctor says will better my quality of life.  
Check your benefits.  UHC is really strict.
RNY 5-12-04 Done at St Vincents Hospital in Carmel Indiana by Dr Margaret Inman.

Would I do it again?  IN A HEARTBEAT!!  Best gift I ever gave myself.
curiouscat7
on 2/19/10 3:59 am
I have UHC too... I never went into this expecting or thinking Ins would cover plastics...... I started a seperate investment accont to pay for what I need.....

I would get a part time job etc etc.....and how are you running out of time...?

CC
View more of my photos at ObesityHelp.com
CColeman
on 2/19/10 10:28 am
Several years ago I went to the Medical College of Georgia in Augusta, Ga. and went through their Resident plastic surgery program. I had an abdominoplasty done for around $2500, the cost of the operating room, and anesthesiologist. The resident who performed my surgery was supervised by a certified surgeon. I was very happy with the results. The only problem was that my belly button is about a half an inch off center to the left. :-) You might call them and ask if they still do this program.

Most Active