I have something to share!

Don 1962
on 2/16/10 9:58 am
Ever showed Mom your driver's license and point out the age on it has you being over 21? 

If that doesn't work I think I might consider telling Mom to vacate my life.  You don't need her approval to have a child.  I know it would be nice but the only entities that have a say in the matter are God, your hubby and you!  

Never, and I mean NEVER, trust a fart!! 

AndreaH09
on 2/16/10 11:35 am
I am sorry that your Mom is not supportive, but I am so proud of you that you have kept a relationship with her.  Of coarse, if the negativity affects your life too much and you can't work around it, then I can understand parting ways.  I just hate to see families split apart because of one person who harbors resentment, jealously, hate, or whatever it may be - in their heart.  I have not experienced this type of relationship on my side of the family, but have watched as my mother-in-law degraded my husband until the day she died.  It was a sad situation and I believe that some of her animosity towards my husband was deep pain, grief and jealously in her heart.  It gets very complicated when you try to figure out relationships, etc.  The only good part of such situations is if you know in your heart that you are a good person and can be self confident despite criticisms from your Mom - - -

Congratulations on your pregnancy! 
LeahA
on 2/16/10 8:05 pm - Atlanta , GA
At one point in time I did tell her that I wanted to be treated as an adult, but I am not sure how much of that she heard.  She is ok sometimes, and other times not.  She treats my kids better than she treats me.  I keep my relationship with her because of them.  I am happy that she lives far enough away from me though that I can sort of live my life without having to clear everything with her.  I know that when I see her at the end of March, I will have to tell her I am pregnant.  By then, though, it will be too late for her to get upset.  She will have to accept it and be excited about having another grandchild.
My mom has been jealous of me for a long time because I have always been close with my dad.  She found me as a threat when I was younger and always fought my dad for attention.  That is a horrible thing to do to a child.  She did other seriously awful things but I don't want to get into that.  She just is very different to my kids and I want them to have a great relationship with her, so I put up with her.  It kills me to keep such a secret like this from my dad.  I think he would be overjoyed.  If I told him though, he couldn't keep it from my mom and a war would start. 
RNY 5-12-04 Done at St Vincents Hospital in Carmel Indiana by Dr Margaret Inman.

Would I do it again?  IN A HEARTBEAT!!  Best gift I ever gave myself.
birthdaygirl
on 2/17/10 2:20 am - Lithonia, GA
OMG are we related????? hahaha!!! your mom sounds just like mine...seriously...my mom was an only child...spoiled rotten by gifts even though her mom moved from TN to IL back then to find jobs and left her to be raised by granny....my mom had two kids...me and my sis we are 10 years apart..me oldest so she doesn't comprehend a big family...she also fights me for attention from other relatives who have always spoiled me and my mom has the audacity to say she doesn't want a whole lotta grandkids....but she had help as a single mom raising us...ain't that bout a trip......so me and my husband sais screw her....as long as we have each other and he has always been there for me and our kids and we have GOD that is more than enough...just remember to get plenty of rest...PLENTY!!!!no matter how cute they are...THEY DON"T SLEEP!   how old are your other three kids?

HW/293....SW/276....PSW/168....CW/148...GW/150  
lerkhart
on 2/17/10 1:31 am
Leah,
That is so exciting!  Congratulations on your pregnancy.  A child is a gift from God and can never be a mistake...and everyone who matters in your life should be thrilled for you.
Linda
14.5 lost pre-surgery  5'1 1/2"                                      LW-Apple-Gold-Small.jpg image by PlicketyCat
Jeannie A.
on 2/17/10 9:35 am - Stockbridge, GA
Leah,
I'm so happy for you and your family on the new BABY. I'm sorry to hear that your mom is like she is. But Yes! as all the others have said. You have been BLESSED with a new life.

I hope that you will do well since you have not been feeling well, and have had some small issues this past year. I can say that at this point 2010 will be a WONDERFUL year.

Hug's
Jeannie
Jeannie Armstrong   
OH Support Group Leader
RNY 07/27/06 
sw358/ cw 175/ qw 175 to 160

I have been blessed with God's Help!

For those in GEORGIA come and join us at PEDMONT HENRY MEDICAL CENTER in the EDUCATIONAL BUILDING in Foundation Board room the 4th TUESDAY of each month at 6:30pm.

http://www.obesityhelp.com/group/jeannie4759_group/tab,0/page,1/#my_groups_main:1

Most Active