ATL SATURDAY MEET AND GREET RSVP LIST

Curvy Barbie
on 1/27/10 10:04 am, edited 1/27/10 10:25 am - Covington, GA
Hello everyone this is an updated list for those who will be joining us on Saturday at Pappadeaux seafood Kitchen on Jimmy Carter Blvd@5:00.

1.Izzy
2.Lashalle2
3.Ahari
4.Walterwife
5.Callmemse
6.KellyO
7. Latanya Webber
8. Lab-1955+1
9. Cwright+1
10. StacyAbraka+1
11. Curveybarbie +1

That's a total of 15 people !!!!! Wow!

* ****Win a door prize for bringing the most guest to the the Mardi Gras Meet and Greet!
Also If you would like to be added to the list or add someone please send me an Personal message so I can update the numbers for reservation purposes. But if it's any last minute changes we can just pull up chairs (lol) I guess. Any who check out theses deals lashalle posted. Thanks a lot DS Sister this is going to save me a couple of dollars. 

Get more for your money join the email and get a free appetizer when you purchase two entrees at regular price. 

http://pappadeaux.fbmta.com/members/UpdateProfile.aspx?Actio n=Subscribe&InputSource=W
and
Dave and Busters $ free$10 power play for games.
http://www.daveandbusters.com/Rewards/Profile.aspx?intcmp=00 0007

dance20.gif image by smoothazmario  My DS date was  June 9, 2009!
John H. is my  super !
HW 327/SW 307/ CW198/ GW150 
MARIA F.
on 1/27/10 10:32 am - Athens, GA
I'll be there also......................

FormerlyFluffy.com

LaShelle2
on 1/27/10 10:42 am - STOCKBRIDGE, GA
Now you know I am a cheapanista!!!

Gotta save a buck any way I can, since I have to replace my wardrobe every month now.  Can you believe I actually got into a size 14 pants???   Woo hoo!!! I haven't been size 14 since high school.

Thank God for Goodwill and the clearance rack!

**** I AM AN OH SUPPORT GROUP LEADER ****
WHY I CHOSE DS: 
No dumping.  Highest percentage of weight loss, Best long term results,  Won't regain weight!  Eat normal sized meals,  96% diabeties, 90% high blood pressure, 80% sleep apnea cured.                                    I  MY DS!
My doctor told me to stop having intimate dinners for four unless there were three other people.    ~Orson Wells  

Roxy2974
on 1/27/10 12:56 pm - Austell, GA
How is it to buy clothes from Goodwill. Are they new/used etc.

HW: 410 PLD: 401 SW: 388.8 CW: 240 GW: 180                   

Use Code: TouchstoneGA12 to get your OH conference tickets for $49.00
LaShelle2
on 1/28/10 12:24 am - STOCKBRIDGE, GA

Goodwill depends on the side of town you shop in. They claim to evenly distribute donations to all the stores, but I have found the nicer sides of town have nicer clothes and more name brands. 

I shop at the one in Stockbridge and it is very clean, and organized and the staff are friendly and helpful.   Ditto for Alpharetta and S Cobb and Covington.

The one in Jonesboro on Tara blvd a few exits up is dusty, musty smelling and some of the stuff they are selling is worn and ragged w/ holes and stuff.  Having said that I did get a $149 pair of 14w Talbots slacks for $2 last Sunday on Tara, so even the older GW  have treasures to claim if you have a little more patience.   Conyers is kinda iffy too.

All the GW I have shopped have plus sized racks, which is cool, so you don't have to sift through all the skinny stuff which can be down right depressing.    Size "0"s still make me weepy eyed.  Can't believe they make people that small...

The best time to shop GW is Sunday mornings right when they open at 10am.   Every week the color of the week is 1/2 off, and the color changes on Sunday.  Avid GW-aholics are there early and get the best selection of 1/2 off stuff. If you wait later in the week the 1/2 off stuff is picked through.   The color rotation is  green, blue, red, yellow.   Stays the same, so mark your ca lander.  They keep items on the rack 21 days before it is marked 1/2 off.   Normally on Saturday they have "blue light specials"  where they announce (____) will be on sale that day...  short sleeve 25% off, open toed shoes $3, etc...

GW requires patience and a good attitude.   Wear comfy shoes, get a water bottle and a protein bar, and plan to spend an hour or 2.  It is not a rush in and get a black sleeveless dress size 18, and run back out kind of place.   It is more of a scavenger hunt.

I am considering a resale shop meet n greet convoy. I think it will be cool to make a list of GW, thrift, and consignment places for us all to visit.   We can meet at a designated place and carpool.  We can all meet for lunch or coffee after and compare treasures.  I just need to scout out a good area with some nice ones in close proximity.

BTW GOODWILL IS Sooooooo MUCH MORE FUN IN A NORMAL SIZE!!!!!   YOU ARE GONNA LOVE IT WHEN YOU GET IN A 16-18 AND CAN WEAR XL GIRL.  A WHOLE NEW FASHION WORLD AWAITS.

I know I said it before, but the 1st 2 months post-op DS sucks, but it is Soooo WORTH IT!

WHY I CHOSE DS: 
No dumping.  Highest percentage of weight loss, Best long term results,  Won't regain weight!  Eat normal sized meals,  96% diabeties, 90% high blood pressure, 80% sleep apnea cured.                                    I  MY DS!
My doctor told me to stop having intimate dinners for four unless there were three other people.    ~Orson Wells  

Roxy2974
on 1/28/10 1:34 pm - Austell, GA
WOW.. u have GW down to a science. There is a GW up the street from me on Johnson Ferry in Sandy, Springs ever been there? I am gonna check it out but I really have low patience with thrift shopping and stuff. My Mom loves them but I don't know if it is mental or not but I always tend to break out and get itchy. I think I passed by a GW on Lawrenceville Highway too, I wonder what their inventory is like?

I think that will be a great Meet n Greet Idea.

I have no medical issues or pain with my DS, I am just damn hungry! I am so looking forward to Saturday, I am still on pureed but I am gonna work it out! Oh, and I hate Protein shakes and Chewable vitamins.

Go to Dr on Monday to see how the weight lost is coming.

Thanks for all the info.

LaShelle2
on 1/28/10 10:30 pm - STOCKBRIDGE, GA

I hate protein shakes and chewables too. You will be able to swallow a regular vitamin by next month, so try to bear with it.  As far as protein shakes, by month 3 I was getting most of my protein from regular food.  I only do a shake if I skip a meal during the day or am super busy.  I still do not like them.

WHY I CHOSE DS: 

LaShelle2
on 1/27/10 11:06 am, edited 1/27/10 11:07 am - STOCKBRIDGE, GA
Please add Sarana to the list
Ginger L.
on 1/27/10 10:42 pm - Woodstock, GA
Please put me down as a maybe. Im gonna try and make it but not sure it will work out!
Hugs all!
G

Starting Weight: 325;  Pre Surgery Weight: 314

Roxy2974
on 1/28/10 1:35 pm - Austell, GA
Crossing my fingers, I haven't seen u in like 20 years!

Most Active