Rome

GSW
on 1/20/10 11:02 am - Rome, GA
Hi, I was just wondering if there are any from Rome, GA on the board? Would be nice to have some weight loss buddies. Thanks!
lerkhart
on 2/1/10 10:44 pm
I'm originally from Rome, but now live in South Georgia.  I had surgery with Dr. Scott.  There are several on the boards from Rome.  They may go to other forums.
Linda
14.5 lost pre-surgery  5'1 1/2"                                      LW-Apple-Gold-Small.jpg image by PlicketyCat
GSW
on 2/1/10 10:58 pm - Rome, GA
Well, hi Linda! Glad to meet you. Dr. Scott did my surgery too. Don't you just love him? 
lerkhart
on 2/2/10 8:13 am
I think he is great and has been very successful!
I have my six month appointment with Jason Thursday morning.
Linda
14.5 lost pre-surgery  5'1 1/2"                                      LW-Apple-Gold-Small.jpg image by PlicketyCat
lerkhart
on 2/2/10 8:17 am

I don't know why it put my response in the wrong place.

You are a few years out, so how is it going now?  I'm only six months out.

Did you reach your goal and are you able to maintain?  Do you go yearly to see Dr. Scott? 
Do you go to the support meetings?

Lots of questions!!

Linda

GSW
on 2/2/10 9:10 pm - Rome, GA
Hi Linda,  I have an appointment with Jason Thursday morning too! I have not reached goal yet. I had the band, and have done quite well with it. But I also have hypothyroidism, and have to fight for every lb. I lose. I am about 25 lbs from goal, and I started out well over 300 lbs. I am so much healthier than I used to be, and off most of my medications now. So although it has been slow for me, it has been steady. I am so thankful for Dr.Scott, Jason, Ginger and this band! Glenda
lerkhart
on 2/2/10 9:45 pm
My appointment is at 9:45 what time is yours?
I was going to do the band, but with diabetes, two different doctors recommended a RNY so we decided to do that and I'm glad I did.  It was really what I needed personally. 
I think we all have to decide what will work best for us and it is different types for different people.
Boy, you have done great with the band.
Do you still get fills?  How often do you have to go in?  You probably don't have to take all the vitamins that we do.
Linda
GSW
on 2/2/10 9:59 pm - Rome, GA
Hey Linda, My appointment is 8 am. I do still get fills when needed, and I generally go in 2-3 times a year for a fill or a check up. I am very happy with the band. I think my fill level right now is just right. I eat about 1/4 cup food per meal. I do take several vitamins, multi-vitamin, Calcium,B12, and D. Sometimes it is hard for me to get them all in because you can't take some of them at the same time....but I manage pretty good. I wound up divorced because of the weight loss, my ex had the band too and it changed him mentally as much as physically. Regardless, I am healthy and happy...and being single is not so bad.   Glenda
Most Active