Bariatric Ball

cdharr
on 1/19/10 9:50 am - Hephzibah, GA
I just wanted to share that we had our 1st Annual Bariatric Ball this last Saturday night at the Marriott Hotel in Augusta, GA. It was a huge success with over 220 people! We gave back to the community by raising funds for the local food bank. Each patient brought a nickel for every pound lost and all participants brought one non-perishable food item. All together, we filled 4 food barrels and donated over $500 in cash for them to purchase food. It was a fabulous evening with drawings, a dance contest, a dollar dance with the bariatric surgeons and a ball room dance demonstration. We dined on a plated meal of Prime Rib, Mashed Cauliflower with Cheese, Steamed Broccoli and Sugar Free Cheese Cake with whipped cream and fresh strawberries. Each table had a centerpiece of one dozen red roses. The dance floor stayed full as people danced the night away to a live band and a DJ took over while the band took their breaks. We had a professional photographer on site that took single, couples and group portraits. It was truly a magical evening and a wonderful way to celebrate our theme, “A New Year & A New You".  This will most definitely be an annual event; we are already starting to plan next year’s ball! Hopefully those of you that live close enough will consider joining us for the evening! Carla OH Support Group Leader Augusta, GA
Roxy2974
on 1/19/10 12:00 pm - Austell, GA
I would love to participate and attend in your next ball!

HW: 410 PLD: 401 SW: 388.8 CW: 240 GW: 180                   

Use Code: TouchstoneGA12 to get your OH conference tickets for $49.00
cdharr
on 1/20/10 1:07 am - Hephzibah, GA
We would certainly love to have you!!  The next Ball will probably be FEB 2011.  I think we are going to try and do a Valentine Ball.

Carla
Ginger L.
on 1/26/10 12:18 am - Woodstock, GA
I cant believe I missed this!  Glad yall had fun!

Starting Weight: 325;  Pre Surgery Weight: 314

Most Active