Insurance Question

prettyinpink16
on 1/18/10 6:18 am - GA
Does anyone know how uhc choice plus counts the 6 month diet? for example I started the diet on Oct 13th would Nov 13th be the 1st month or would the appointment in oct be for the whole month of oct? I'm just trying to see when I'll be finished. Thanks in advance for your help.

Mindy

brenda549
on 1/18/10 7:14 am - Duluth, GA
If I am not mistaken, and today I could be (just one of those days), your October appointment would be for October.  That is how mine worked out.  My first appointment was May 15th.  My last appointment was October 21th.  So I had one appointment in the months of May, June, July, August, September and October.  I would say if your last appointment were sometime in March you would be good to go. 

Hope this helps and is accurate!  Good luck!
                                                HW357-CW235-GW150
            Join my journey at www.entirelybrenda.com.

prettyinpink16
on 1/18/10 9:14 am - GA
Thanks very much for your answer. I will make sure because I don't  want anything to mess this up.

Mindy
lerkhart
on 1/19/10 12:15 am

Mine was six consecutive months so if you started in October you would do October, November, December, January, February and March would be your last appointment. 
Be sure not to miss a month because they must be consecutive.  The counseling/support group must be six consecutive months also.
Good luck.
Linda

14.5 lost pre-surgery  5'1 1/2"                                      LW-Apple-Gold-Small.jpg image by PlicketyCat
prettyinpink16
on 1/19/10 11:24 am - GA
Thanks so much for your help. Praise God I only have 2 more to go.
AndreaH09
on 1/19/10 12:22 pm
FYI - I have UHC HRA (choice) and they have told me 3 different times that you must have an initial appointment that documents your weight, then follow that with the 6 months.  All three times they reiterated to be sure that I understood that it would be 7 visits total.  Like you, I want to make SURE I don't mess mine up.  You are ahead of me - I have had my initial weigh in visit and will be beginning my 6 months in February.

I definitely would double check with your case manager to be sure.
prettyinpink16
on 1/20/10 10:30 am - GA
I will make sure that I do that again, when I asked the 1st time she did say that I would need to do 6 full months which would have me  finishing in April. I just didn't count the oct weigh in as my 1st. I counted it like oct 13th thru nov 13th as 1 so that would make me finish in April. But I will be certain to recheck and make sure either way I planned on doing the April weigh in for good measure. Thanks so much for your help.

Mindy
Most Active