Life Stlye Coach???

FOXYBROWN MAMA
on 1/12/10 10:04 am
cigna had me call a Life Style Coach.  I called one and set up a phone appt.  She told me I needed 11 sessions.  During the conversation, I mentioned the surgery and she said she doesn't help with that and thought that I had the wrong dept.  WTF!!!  I called my case mgr and left a message.  I did the health assessment on line.  What is the coaching session for Cigna???
LaShelle2
on 1/12/10 10:24 am - STOCKBRIDGE, GA
Seeing this post made me smile. I know I sound evil, but we all went through this crap this time last year. Cigna finally gave up after we bugged the crap out of them. They threw up thair hands and tols us we didn't have to do all that stuff.   I knew all the customer service reps by name girl.  Just ask for a supervisor. Sometimes you have to act like a fool to get whatch want from people.

When you do get it set up, make sure you have them schedule your calles once a week. Otherwise it will take forever to do all those classes.

To add insult to injury, the phone coaches know NOTHING about wls!  My girl told me she didn't think people should be having wls and should lose naturally.

Good luck, and don't let em get u down girl

**** I AM AN OH SUPPORT GROUP LEADER ****
WHY I CHOSE DS: 
No dumping.  Highest percentage of weight loss, Best long term results,  Won't regain weight!  Eat normal sized meals,  96% diabeties, 90% high blood pressure, 80% sleep apnea cured.                                    I  MY DS!
My doctor told me to stop having intimate dinners for four unless there were three other people.    ~Orson Wells  

FOXYBROWN MAMA
on 1/13/10 9:54 am
I'm not letting it get to me.  I guess I was a little shocked when she said 11 sessions and then said they don't do anything to assist with the surgery and they don't support it.  WTF!!!!  I called my case manager today.  She left me a message so I'll call her back tomorrow.  I set up an appt. to speak with the Life Coach next week, but 11 sessions, give me a break.  She sounds like she was reading from a script when she was talking to me, plus she couldn't have been any more than 25.  I think if i remember correctly, my case manager said that i only had to have the inital assessment with the coach.  I will be grtting that in writing.
LaShelle2
on 1/13/10 10:25 am - STOCKBRIDGE, GA
I hope your coach is not Lumi??? SHe was a hoot.  I agree with the reading the script thing. It was comical. I just put her on speaker phone and did laundry and stuff and said uh huh every now and then so she knew I was still alive.

I do think if they are requiring it for the surgery, they should have someone who is knowledgeable about wls and more supportive of you having wls.

WHY I CHOSE DS: 
No dumping.  Highest percentage of weight loss, Best long term results,  Won't regain weight!  Eat normal sized meals,  96% diabeties, 90% high blood pressure, 80% sleep apnea cured.                                    I  MY DS!
My doctor told me to stop having intimate dinners for four unless there were three other people.    ~Orson Wells  

FOXYBROWN MAMA
on 1/13/10 10:58 am
The checklist says the following:

The individual must engage with Cigna HealthCare's Lifestyle Management Program Assessment Call or Health Advisor First Coaching Session upon completion of the HA.  Engagement is further defined as having actively completed the HealthAdvisor intake assessment process.  There is no requirement for ongoing participation in these programs, though SHBP members are encouraged to utilize these resources."

To me, this means, I only had to initiate the first call to the coach and that was it.  How do you interpret this?
LaShelle2
on 1/13/10 11:08 am - STOCKBRIDGE, GA
When I asked, they told me you only have to take the 1st call.   But we shbp members had been through so much with Cigna last year I went ahead and did the whole thing just in case.

WHY I CHOSE DS: 

Most Active