Hello to a new neighbor

webdz9r S.
on 1/9/10 10:07 pm - Yellow Brick Road, CA

It is a beautiful state.  People are friendly, more so here than CA.  I will be exploring the history and sites this summer/spring.  Thanks for the response.

Gloria 

G

Don 1962
on 1/9/10 1:12 pm
Webby,

I have to tell you, San Diego has really pretty beaches but driving through GA is alot better than driving on Ca freeways.

I don't know what kind of work you do but Good Luck on finding a job in GA!

From one "transplant" to another there is some pretty neat stuff to do in the area.  Stone Mountain, south of ATL, and Lookout Mountain, on the GA/TN line are two of my favorites. 

Speaking of Lookout Mtn. - might I suggest a trip to Rock City.  Every WLS patient needs to have their photo taken at the "Fat Man Squeeze"!

Never, and I mean NEVER, trust a fart!! 

webdz9r S.
on 1/9/10 10:14 pm - Yellow Brick Road, CA
I drink tons of water.  It is better tasting here than where I was in CA.  I haven't had much time to go walking but will do that.  I can't believe that there are grave yards in neighborhoods.  We don't have that in CA...San Diego that is.  Downtown here is small but there are lots of areas to walk around at.  I worked for 24 yrs with the San Diego Police Dept.  They are eliminating those positions so I deferred my retirement.  I am applying for clerical positions and city positions.  I'm sure that for every position there are 50+ applicants here like in San Diego. 

Not sure of Fat Man Squeeze though... what is it?  My friend wants to go rock climbing so I'm sure mtn trips are in order in the spring/summer.

G

Don 1962
on 1/9/10 11:14 pm
Gloria,

I can tell you about the law enforcement job situation specifically!!  Was in TX for fifteen years as a small town, "Podunk PD", officer when I came to GA end of '08.  Budgets are so short here that even the Georgia State Patrol has Troopers on furlough days to keep from breaking their budget.  I applied for a 9-1-1 call taker job at Forsyth County and they told me for that one position they had 180 applicants!  180!  Trying to look for job back in TX and have gotten a few interviews but no offers.  Thinking that having a GA address is not helping I am actually back in TX looking.

"Fat Man Squeeze" is a rock formation at Rock City at Lookout Mtn.  I'd never have made it through at 331 lbs! 

This is looking from the stairs:
LookoutMountainII046-1.jpg picture by don_1962

This is the other end:
LookoutMountainII051.jpg picture by don_1962

Never, and I mean NEVER, trust a fart!! 

webdz9r S.
on 1/10/10 1:58 am - Yellow Brick Road, CA

Ok those pic look like a challenge.  Something to strive for.  I am not really looking for a pd job.  Anything in clerical using a pc is fine.  Economy sucks but it will get better.  Only thing looking for a job that is hard is that I am trying to find one close and not knowing the area means I have to look everything up.  The hwy system here is a whole new ballgame then where I am from. 

I can do event mangement, clerical, was processing permits for the police, just am not going to do retail as I am not good at that.  And if you are in TX with a GA address, not to worry.  I did have a company call me from Ga while I was in CA.  But they were 60 miles from where I live.  The commute I hear would be horrible.  Keep the faith and you'll find something.  In the meantime, there is always the Playoffs! 

G

(deactivated member)
on 1/10/10 4:01 am - GA

Hi, it is me again...

I am the GF of LostTxn (Don)...he is still learning his GA geography, just like I am learning my TX geography.  But, anywho, Stone Mountain is EAST of Atlanta...not South of Atlanta.  Callaway Gardens which is South of Atlanta (about an hour or so from ATL Airport) in Pine Mountain is very nice and natural.  If you plan on doing rock climbing, you can do Fat Man Squeeze.  I am a size 12 and not a problem for me to get through.

cwiley
on 1/10/10 1:30 am - Locust Grove, GA
Hi Webby,

Welcome to GA!  I live in the Hampton area as well.  I had my surgery in Oct 2008.  Ditto, the best thing that I have ever done!  I look forward to chatting on this forum.  I am not on here much but I do check in often.  Do you have an exercise program?  I just joined Gold's Gym in McDonough.  I am very excited.  If you would like to write me offline sometime = [email protected]

Cherie
[url=http://www.myfitnesspal.com/weight-loss-ticker][img]http://tickers.myfitnesspal.com/ticker/show/16/4355/164355.png[/img][/url]
Created by MyFitnessPal.com - [url=http://www.myfitnesspal.com]Online Calorie Counter[/url]

webdz9r S.
on 1/10/10 1:52 am - Yellow Brick Road, CA
Hey thanks Cherie.  No exercise program since I have only been here for 4 wks.  I have to get a job soon and there is not alot of funds to join a gym.  I have monies coming and will use some to get back to CA to get my things and move them here.  I am with my best friend and have known her since 1973. But when things settle down I might join a gym.  Walking is going to be the major exercise. 

I will write ya off line

G

LaShelle2
on 1/11/10 2:40 am - STOCKBRIDGE, GA
Gold's allows a guest pass, so if you want to come, let one of us know, or just go in and ask for a free week trial.

**** I AM AN OH SUPPORT GROUP LEADER ****
WHY I CHOSE DS: 
No dumping.  Highest percentage of weight loss, Best long term results,  Won't regain weight!  Eat normal sized meals,  96% diabeties, 90% high blood pressure, 80% sleep apnea cured.                                    I  MY DS!
My doctor told me to stop having intimate dinners for four unless there were three other people.    ~Orson Wells  

LaShelle2
on 1/11/10 2:37 am - STOCKBRIDGE, GA
hijak---- I am at Golds too. I normally go to Eagle's landing, but we should met up sometime. Do you do classes, treadmill, pool??? What time are you there?

**** I AM AN OH SUPPORT GROUP LEADER ****
WHY I CHOSE DS: 
No dumping.  Highest percentage of weight loss, Best long term results,  Won't regain weight!  Eat normal sized meals,  96% diabeties, 90% high blood pressure, 80% sleep apnea cured.                                    I  MY DS!
My doctor told me to stop having intimate dinners for four unless there were three other people.    ~Orson Wells  

Most Active