Hello to a new neighbor

webdz9r S.
on 1/9/10 2:58 am - Yellow Brick Road, CA

Moved from San Diego CA to GA.  So hello from me.  And to my CA friends who follow the message boards.  I had my surgery 3 yrs ago and it was the best thing I ever did for myself.  Now I'm learning how to deal with colder weather and looking for work.  I have to tell you, San Diego has really pretty beaches but driving through GA is alot better than driving on Ca freeways.

Webby

G

MARIA F.
on 1/9/10 4:52 am - Athens, GA
Welcome to GA. What area are u in?

FormerlyFluffy.com

webdz9r S.
on 1/9/10 5:11 am - Yellow Brick Road, CA
I live in Hampton.  Nice area, rural.  Although I lived in a rual area in San Diego.  It's just a wee bit colder here. 

G

(deactivated member)
on 1/9/10 11:54 am, edited 1/9/10 11:54 am - GA
This is the coldest January we have had in 14 years...so even to us natives, it is a bit COLD!!!  We havent had snow of really any accumulation since 2001 or 2002...so yea, you got here in the nick of time...Welcome to Georgia!!
webdz9r S.
on 1/9/10 9:57 pm - Yellow Brick Road, CA
Yea my friend says it is the coldest winter she's seen and she's been here over 9 yrs.  I love it though.  I was blowing leaves out of the garage in my shorts and t-shirt the other day and the lady next door was watching me.  It got a bit cold but I wasn't out there long.  Thanks for the reply.

G

LaShelle2
on 1/11/10 2:34 am - STOCKBRIDGE, GA

Group Welcome Bunnys

Hey, so glad you found us. I just wish you had brought some of the warmer weather with you. I live in Stockbridge, about 15 minutes north of you off the Eagle's Landing Exit. PM me if you want to get together for lunch, or if you want to work out at the gym or something.   I  also love thrift shopping and yardsales.

I am a GA native, so if you have a GA question I am your girl.

What type of work are you looking for?  What is your background, educational experience? Maybe someone has some leads for you?

I am starting a new support group at Henry Medical next month. Can you come? We will meet  the 2nd Saturday each month from 11-12.

~LaShelle

**** I AM AN OH SUPPORT GROUP LEADER ****
WHY I CHOSE DS: 
No dumping.  Highest percentage of weight loss, Best long term results,  Won't regain weight!  Eat normal sized meals,  96% diabeties, 90% high blood pressure, 80% sleep apnea cured.                                    I  MY DS!
My doctor told me to stop having intimate dinners for four unless there were three other people.    ~Orson Wells  

webdz9r S.
on 1/11/10 8:47 pm - Yellow Brick Road, CA
Hi  Lashell, I'm going to try to come to the meeting.  I don't have my car here so I'm at the mercy of my friend right now. They really only had lunch get togethers in San Diego.  Which was good but more social than informative meetings.  Nothing wrong with social meetings though. Yea the weather in CA is good now. Sorry, weather is not my forte.  It's cold here.  But at least you have different weather here... than sunny all the time.  I like the change.  But an irish lass would.  
I've been to Stockbridge before and to Henry Medical.. so I will see if I can get there.
I am looking for work doing clerical office work, can dispatch if trained, basic work. I have been applying for any type of jobs that involve court clerks, office work in companies.  My background for 24 yrs was police, investigations, backgrounding people, office type work, heavy data entry/phone/customer service.  I am good a researching the internet.  I want to go back to school and learn IT help desk work as I love computers.  I have a background in event management too.  

I am very good at computer programs, doing inspections.  I was taking courses in building inspection and have two classes left to get a certificate but since I am not in ca anymore and they dont offer those classes online I wont be getting that.  But the experience was really good.  I need something that pays better than minimum wage but can live with less pay than I was making.  It's just hard going to the job sites each day and waiting for jobs to be posted that I am qualified for.  Even the hospital data entry/clerk jobs want you to have hosptial experience.  Hard to do but not impossible to find a job.
My education is
collge work but no degree... yet.  Been to busy working and paying bills. So if anyone is looking to hire a dependable office work/clerical assistant, investigator, I'm available.

G

HeyHey1969
on 1/9/10 7:37 am - GA
Welcome to GA. San Diego does have some great beaches. I loved driving up the coast of Southern Cal. It is wicked cold now. It is not normally as bad as it has been lately. The secret is to layer the clothing.

webdz9r S.
on 1/9/10 10:01 pm - Yellow Brick Road, CA
I hear you on the traffic.  My friend has already told me  But in San Diego the freeways were slow during rush hour too.  I haven't ventured out much but have been writing things down I want to explore.  I came her in Oct to see how I would like it.  I loved it... lots of countryside to see.  I just have to get use to living here.  Yes... the drive up to coast in CA is the best drive. 

G

(deactivated member)
on 1/9/10 10:15 am
Welcome to Ga.  This state has a lot to offer.  Enjoy the countryside, beaches, and mountains.  And Atlanta traffic if you live near here. 

Glad you are here,
Linda
Most Active