6mths 90lbs GONE!!!!

sassie21898
on 1/9/10 1:22 pm - augusta, GA
TO ANYONE CONSIDERING WEIGHT LOSS SURGERY I WOULD SAY GO FOR IT. I HAD SURGERY JULY 13 09 AND AT THE TIME I WAS 255LBS AND 5'6 AS OF TODAY I AM DOWN TO 165LBS AND FEELING FULL OF LIFE. I DON'T KNOW WHERE THE FAT WENT BUT IT'S GONE. I KNOW SOME PEOPLE WILL GET ME FOR SAYING THIS BUT I'M GOING TO BE HONEST, I DIDN'T WORK OUT NOT ONCE AND I LOOK GREAT (NO LOSE SKIN). AS BEFORE I'M STILL SCARED I MAY LOSE TOO MUCH BECAUSE IT HAS ONLY BEEN 6MTHS AND I'M DOWN 90LBS AND MY GOAL WEIGHT WAS 155LBS. THE WOW MOMENTS DON'T STOP. MY FEET ARE SMALLER, CLOTHES LOOK TRILLION TIMES BETTER ON ME, MY FACE IS SLIM AND PRETTY AND I NEVER STOP GETTING COMPLIMENTS. IT IS AMAZING HOW PEOPLE WILL TREAT YOU SO MUCH BETTER WHEN YOU LOOK NORMAL. IT HURTS THAT SOME PEOPLE AREN'T KIND ALL THE TIME BUT IT'S LIFE. SINCE SURGERY I AM A HAPPIER PERSON AND I ENJOY THINGS A LOT MORE. I DON'T WORRY ABOUT MY SIZE AND I DON'T EVEN MIND THE SPOTLIGHT BEING ON ME SOMETIMES (THAT WAS A NO NO BEFORE). I HOPE THAT IF YOU ARE LOOKIG TO GET SURGERY THAT IT WORKS OUT FOR YOU AND I HOPE THAT YOU EXPERIENCE THE HAPPINESS YOU DESERVE TO FEEL. LIKE MY MAN ALWAYS SAYS "YOU ONLY HAVE ONE LIFE TO LIVE" AND THIS LIFE BEATS THE HELL OUT OF THE LIFE I HAD BEFORE.

cwiley
on 1/10/10 1:18 am - Locust Grove, GA
Sassie,

AMEN!!!  Congrats on your SUCCESS!!

Cherie
[url=http://www.myfitnesspal.com/weight-loss-ticker][img]http://tickers.myfitnesspal.com/ticker/show/16/4355/164355.png[/img][/url]
Created by MyFitnessPal.com - [url=http://www.myfitnesspal.com]Online Calorie Counter[/url]

(deactivated member)
on 1/10/10 10:42 am
Congratulations to you....may I ask how old you are?  Or abouts.  To have no loose skin you must be young.  Do you have children? 

Congratulations,
Linda
Ginger L.
on 1/11/10 12:50 am - Woodstock, GA
WOOO HOOOOO  

Starting Weight: 325;  Pre Surgery Weight: 314

LaShelle2
on 1/11/10 1:24 am, edited 1/11/10 1:45 am - STOCKBRIDGE, GA

You go girl!!!   

I am so happy for you. 

BUT,  it's time to start working out now.

I know you may not have any loose skin, but exercise is also beneficial in other ways:

1. Increases circulation.

2. Increased stamina for physical activities (including sex).

3. Increased flexibility.

4. Better bone density from weight lifting. 

5. Lower cholesterol and blood pressure.

6. Sweats out toxins in the body.

7. Keeps the weight off. As your pouch stretches you will be able to eat more food and absorb more calories from that extra food intake, which you will want to work off to keep the pounds from sneaking back up on you.

What good will skinny be if we die from a heart attack from poor cardio health?  Now that you have lost all the weight, you will find exercising to be so much easier and so much more fun. 

You don't have to become an olympic athlete. Just take a walk in the neighborhood, pop in a good cd and dance in the living room, or chase the kids around the park. 

If money is a concern, remember walking is free. Also, you  can get good used weights and equipment at Goodwill, yardsales, craigslist.com. Also Ross and Marshells, have decent prices.  If you have a GA Pines library card, you can check out work out dvd's for free.  Most gyms offer a free 1 week to 1 month guest pass, so take advantage of those and workout free.

I have come to really LOVE working out at the gym. I even had a little shopping spree at Goodwill yesterday and got all new workout stuff.   My 17 year old son says the new clothes make me look   "curvy".  I'm not sure, but I'm thinking in teenager language it means I look hot???

Keep up the good work with the weight loss, and get off of that skinny booty and break a sweat girlfriend!

~LaShelle

**** I AM AN OH SUPPORT GROUP LEADER ****
WHY I CHOSE DS: 
No dumping.  Highest percentage of weight loss, Best long term results,  Won't regain weight!  Eat normal sized meals,  96% diabeties, 90% high blood pressure, 80% sleep apnea cured.                                    I  MY DS!
My doctor told me to stop having intimate dinners for four unless there were three other people.    ~Orson Wells  

sassie21898
on 1/11/10 2:23 pm - augusta, GA
THANK YOU ALL FOR REPLYING. I AM 26YRS OLD AND HAVE TWO CHILDREN 3 AND 4YRS OLD. I DO UNDERSTAND THAT I NEED TO EXERCISE AND I THINK I'M READY. I HAVE LOST ENOUGH WEIGHT TO BE ABLE TO MOVE EASIER SO I WILL START SOON; THANKS FOR THE ENCOURAGEMENT

Most Active