Support Group

Jane E.
on 1/7/10 7:20 pm - Lawrenceville, GA
VSG on 01/04/08 with
Is there a list somewhere of support groups?   I am looking for one in the NE Atlanta area.  I am in Lawrenceville.   

Jane

LaShelle2
on 1/7/10 9:52 pm, edited 1/7/10 9:54 pm - STOCKBRIDGE, GA
I believe OH Member abrooks6 facilitates a group in that area. PM her for info.

**** I AM AN OH SUPPORT GROUP LEADER ****
WHY I CHOSE DS: 
No dumping.  Highest percentage of weight loss, Best long term results,  Won't regain weight!  Eat normal sized meals,  96% diabeties, 90% high blood pressure, 80% sleep apnea cured.                                    I  MY DS!
My doctor told me to stop having intimate dinners for four unless there were three other people.    ~Orson Wells  

brenda549
on 1/7/10 10:19 pm - Duluth, GA
If you can make it to Emory John's Creek Hospital, they have support group meetings throughout the month.  I am in Duluth/Norcross and it just takes a few minutes (15-20) to get there. 

Anyone from any surgery can attend any of the groups, but they are named for specific surgeries.

Here is a link to there support group page. 

http://www.atlantabariatriccenter.com/CustomPage.asp?guidCus tomContentID=392E97D5-B3C4-4FB0-8D1C-5DA7C939F07B

Good luck!
                                                HW357-CW235-GW150
            Join my journey at www.entirelybrenda.com.

curiouscat7
on 1/8/10 11:57 pm
I go to that one too... are u going to the next one?

CC
View more of my photos at ObesityHelp.com
brenda549
on 1/9/10 12:11 am - Duluth, GA
I have been meticulous at making sure I go to the Wednesday meetings pre surgery.   I find it always calms my nerves.    The next meeting will be my first post op. 
                                                HW357-CW235-GW150
            Join my journey at www.entirelybrenda.com.

curiouscat7
on 1/9/10 12:25 am
Congrats.... I just noticed your surgery date ! It's definitely important now post op to go. The first few months will be your most challenging... and now 8 mos later 111 pnds lighter... it's second nature.

And of course you have a wonderful surgeon. Let me know if you want to meet up... I live a 1/2 a mile away and can save you a seat.

CC aka Lauren

View more of my photos at ObesityHelp.com
meochie
on 1/8/10 7:35 am - Stone Mountain, GA
Hello Fellow Georgian,

I attend support group held at Atlanta Medical Center Athletic Center, the 2nd Saturday every month.  Blessings, meochie

mcclai
on 1/9/10 10:47 pm - snellville, GA
Hey meochie,

I have lap band surgery on 01/19 at Dekalb Medical.  They have a support group on the 3rd Wednesday night of the month, but I would prefer a Saturday one.  The one that you attend, is it open to anyone?
Down the street from you in Snellville,
Latasha
meochie
on 1/9/10 11:52 pm - Stone Mountain, GA
Hello, I had my surgery on 12/29 and have attended the SATURDAY support groups and the Athletic Center, next door to Atlanta Medical since June.  Maybe, we've seen each other.  I didn't go yesterday because of the weather.  Yes, it's open to EVERYONE, a lot of post-ops come and share a WEALTH of information.  I am going to call next week to get the weekday schedule since I missed the 2nd Saturday meeting.  Best Wishes on your upcoming surgery, keep in touch.  meochie

inevitablyme
on 1/10/10 6:02 am - Atlanta, GA

what time are the 2ND saturday meetings in Atlanta? i keel finding conflicting times when i google search

Most Active