Guess What???

LaShelle2
on 1/7/10 10:59 am - STOCKBRIDGE, GA
   I am an official certified Obesity Help Support Group Leader!!!

So much has changed in my life the past year!  I remember a few years ago when I first discovered OH.  My weight had skyrocketed, and I felt like surgery was the only hope to get my life back in order. 

Unfortunately,  at the time my employer,  State of GA did not cover the surgery.  So, out of frustration, I strayed away from the board.  I heard the news October 2008 that State of GA would begin covering wls in January 2009, so I got back on track, and life hasn't been the same. 

I have been so blessed by so many men and women I've met on OH. And, it has been a blessing to bless others.  I could not have made it through this without all of my OH family.  I truly love y'all, and I am so glad to have you in my life. Even the crazy moody people on here, and you know who you are.  Just like a real family, we have our ups and downs, and we have our share of cyber disagreements. But in the end, we all all united by the bond of our quest for life, health, and happiness.  

It is truly a pleasure and an honor to play it forward and share all the love and wisdom I've received with my OH family.  I look forward to serving my OH community and I can't wait to see what lies ahead for each of in our new lives. 

~LaShelle
                                                              Purple Butterfly

LaShelle2
on 1/7/10 11:00 am, edited 1/11/10 2:48 am - STOCKBRIDGE, GA

What HAPPY Working Mothers ...

GA Losing for Life Support Group

Facilitated by LaShelle Dyer OH Support Leader & Izzy Thomas

You are cordially invited to join us for a
Saturday Support

Session.  Meet new friends, share your experiences, and learn

more about weight loss surgery. Pre and post-operative patients of all weight loss types are welcome.

When:  2nd Saturday of every month 11:00am-12:00pm. 

Our first meeting is Saturday, February 13, 2010

Where:    
Henry Medical Center
             1133 Eagle's Landing Parkway

Stockbridge, GA 30281

We will meet in the Foundation Room in the Education Building. Take the stairs or elevator to the 2nd floor.  We will be in the 1st room on the right. 

???Why??? 

1. Studies have shown wls patients who are actively involved in a support group have more long term success in losing and keeping the weight off. 

2. While family and friends, can offer support and encouragement, nothing compares to the knowledge and first hand experience of people just like you who have had surgery themselves, or are going through the approval process.

3. Many insurance companies require active participation in a bariatric support group in order to approve wls.

4. You'll meet new friends and have lots of fun!

shellyb1993
on 1/7/10 11:01 am - sharpsburg, GA

Congrats LaShelle,
You deserve it!!!  

Shelly-

I can do all things through Christ who strengthens me
Phillipians 4:13

LaShelle2
on 1/7/10 11:44 am - STOCKBRIDGE, GA
Thanks Shelly. I'll be looking for you to be at my 1st meeting next month!

p.s.  A little birdie told me today where the meet n greet will be this month.  I think it's gonna be a lot of fun!  Curvybarbie should be posting details soon, so watch out for the details.
(deactivated member)
on 1/7/10 11:29 am
Congratulations LaShelle.....
M U.
on 1/7/10 12:01 pm
Awesome news!! I think it would be worth a drive to Henry county for that. I am looking for a support group as a matter of fact.
LaShelle2
on 1/7/10 12:19 pm - STOCKBRIDGE, GA
Would love to have you come join us. I scheduled the meetings on Saturdays to make it more convenient for people to travel.  Most surgeons have theirs through the week, and after work, I don't have the will to fight traffic.
Lookingup
on 1/7/10 10:01 pm - Sharpsburg, GA
That is wonderful news.  You will do great and I will be honored to attend.

Lookingup
Pre Weight Loss 337
Pre Op 319
DS Surgery Oct. 23, 2008

LaShelle2
on 1/7/10 10:37 pm - STOCKBRIDGE, GA
Thanks Jama. You and Shelly should get a carpool going. 

We really need a jazzy support group on the south side of town.  I have high hopes for this group.  I have some great ladies in my corner working with me to make this the best group in GA.
AndreaH09
on 1/8/10 12:32 am
Congratulations - wonderful news!  Such a committed and supportive person!!!
Most Active