Pre-op tomorrow

merehern
on 1/4/10 10:42 am, edited 1/4/10 11:09 am - Covington, GA
I have my pre-op appointment in the morning. I feel like I know everything that I need to ask, I just feel like there are some more questions that I need to ask that I am not thinking of. Any suggestions on what kind of questions I should ask?  Thanks.

LaShelle2
on 1/4/10 11:22 pm, edited 1/5/10 11:16 am - STOCKBRIDGE, GA

I don't know if you'll get this before your appt, but:

1. Make sure you have a clear understanding of what vitamins and food to eat post-op and how long you will need to wait to progress to each stage

2. What do you need to bring to the hospital

3. Can someone stay overnight/ can you upgrade to a private room

4. What complications  do you need to watch out for

5. How long will you be in the hospital/ how long is the surgery/ will someone update your family while you are in surgery

6. What will be your pre-op diet?  will you do a bowel prep? will you neet to use a special soap before you come to the hospital

7. Does he have any concerns about your health/  weight/ co-morbids / scar tissue  that makes him think the procedure may be complicated

8.  What can you do between now and surgery day to make yourself  a healthier candidate for surgery, exercise, diet, etc.

9. Do you need to bring medication/c-pap to the hospital?

10. What medicines do you stop pre-op? do you need to take your meds surgery day?

11. How often will he come visit you in the hospital

12. Who will be assisting in the operating room?

13. Does the hospital train residents/interns? will they be coming into your room?

14. Can you use lotion, perfume, nail polish etc. or do you need to remove it pre-op

15.  Who do you call for an emergency after office hours? I have my surgeon's home number!  I love Dr. Houston!   He is the best

**** I AM AN OH SUPPORT GROUP LEADER ****
WHY I CHOSE DS: 
No dumping.  Highest percentage of weight loss, Best long term results,  Won't regain weight!  Eat normal sized meals,  96% diabeties, 90% high blood pressure, 80% sleep apnea cured.                                    I  MY DS!
My doctor told me to stop having intimate dinners for four unless there were three other people.    ~Orson Wells  

brenda549
on 1/5/10 5:51 am - Duluth, GA
I think LaShelle covered what I was going to say and more!  Way to go, LaShelle!
                                                HW357-CW235-GW150
            Join my journey at www.entirelybrenda.com.

Most Active