GOT PICS! Xmas' Before&After posted!

EmbodySuccess
on 12/30/09 12:01 pm - Roswell, GA
Go to my OH Profile & you'll see my just-uploaded ALBUM,
"Lauralyn's Christmas' 2002 ~ Now!"

Because I already had my surgery date, I knew Christmas 2002 would be my last in a plus-size body.
Coming up on my 7th POST-OP anniversary and I have NOT gained back any weight!
I am truly "at home" in a strong, healthy body after being a yo-yo dieter for most of my previous 50+ years prior to RNY in 2/03.
Wishing everyone a healthier, happier 2010!
Lauralyn

Lauralyn Bellamy, MA, MDIV, ct Dreamcoach
Self-sabotage stopped!
Learn more at: embodysuccesscoach.com

tina81464
on 1/2/10 10:15 am - marietta, GA
Can you tell me how you kept it off, Im 5years out and I went down to 150 - 155, but I looked sick, so I gained a few pounds, Im 166, but I am always fighting to stay at 166, I get upset if it goes up a pound or 2, but Im always afraid that Im going to be FAT again....I cant stay motivated to go to the gym, but I want to go, this has become a mental fight every day. do you understand how Im feeling?
I feel like Im all alone....
Tina 
EmbodySuccess
on 1/2/10 11:38 am - Roswell, GA
Dear Tina & My Georgia WLS sisters & brothers,
The short answer is this:
You have to want to LIVE in a strong, healthy, normal-sized body; not live "up in your head," in the world of numbers and ideas and wishes.
Re-read your post to me, Tina, and you'll learn nothing about your actual body; that suggests to me that you're still living "from the neck up!" It's all about numbers without a physical context: what does 166 actually look & feel like on your body? How tall are you? What size jeans & tops do you wear? How old are you? How fast can you walk a mile? Can you do a push up? A chin up?
These are practical, real-world questions. They can mean the difference between life and death if you had to get help or escape a burning house or a crashed car.
As a coach who works with people who self-sabotage, I encourage clients to discover physical activities they enjoy that will burn the calories and strengthen muscles. If you hate the gym, I would coach you to imagine alternative activities that will get you into shape and strength that you'll want to do!
That's enough for you to ponder for tonight!
I'm rootin' for ya, Tina!
Lauralyn

Lauralyn Bellamy, MA, MDIV, ct Dreamcoach
Self-sabotage stopped!
Learn more at: embodysuccesscoach.com

curiouscat7
on 1/2/10 10:03 pm, edited 1/2/10 10:04 pm
Hi Lauralyn,

Happy New Year.... I am now down 110 pnds and feel wonderful. Those size 12 jeans are feeling wonderful. I'm still a work in progress.... and am doing well.

Best,

CC

PS check out the happy couple you married...this was taken in NYC at the Yacht Club of Manhattan
View more of my photos at ObesityHelp.com
Most Active