UPSET!!

merehern
on 12/28/09 11:21 pm - Covington, GA
I JUST FOUND OUT THAT MY DATE HAS BEEN CHANGED!!  I DON'T EVEN KNOW IF THEY WERE GOING TO TELL ME OR JUST LET ME SHOW UP AT THE HOSPITAL TO FIND OUT. I JUST HAPPENED TO LOOK ON THE PATIENT PORTAL TO CHECK ALL OF MY INFO AND I SAW THAT MY DATE HAD BEEN CHANGED FROM JANUARY 11th TO JANUARY 21st.  I CALLED AND THEY SAID "OH, WELL I WAS JUST ABOUT TO CALL YOU."  YEAH OK.....  I DON'T KNOW WHAT TO DO NOW. EVERYBODY HAS ALREADY SCHEDULED WORK AND KIDS AND EVERYTHING AROUND ME HAVING MY SURGERY ON THE 11th. AAAARRRRGGGG!!!!  OH WELL, PLEASE KEEP ME IN YOUR PRAYERS THAT I DON'T HAVE A NERVOUS BREAKDOWN BEFORE THEN.  THANKS FOR LETTING ME VENT.

walterswife
on 12/28/09 11:47 pm
I am so sorry that this has happened to you.  That is a terrible blow.  And no, they would not have called you!  You have a right to be angry, upset and annoyed.  Too much drama.

That sort of "tackiness" is exactly what led to my decision to change direction on who was going to do my surgery.  The problem that you have is that you are really stuck at this point.  I remember another patient who had a similar problem a few months ago.  She had been approved but could not get them to call her back regarding a date.  She contacted Dr. Michael Williams' office and they had an opening--she had the surgery within two weeks.  I would start calling around today.

Please let us know how you make out.  I will keep you in my prayers.

HW 240/ SW 229/ GW 146/CW 125; OH Support Group Leader   

Starting size:  18W-20;  Present size: 0 or 2; 5'5-1/2" tall. 
Current BMI 20.4 as of 2/13/2013 (normal for the first time in my life).
Goal weight reached on 8/12/2010; As of 1/13/2013, 21 pounds below goal

LaShelle2
on 12/29/09 1:12 am, edited 12/29/09 2:55 am - STOCKBRIDGE, GA

Well that sucks.  Everything happens in God's perfect timing, so try not to get too down about it.

They could have at least had the courtesy to call you though. Did they give you a good reason for switching your dates?

You could try to shop around for another date with another surgeon, since you are already approved.

I switched surgeons at the last minute myself and I am so glad I did. I have no regrets.

Sending hugs and prayers your way...

(deactivated member)
on 12/29/09 3:58 am - GA
I do understand you being upset...because the date is not only for the Dr but for YOU!!!  If you are beginning to have any type of second thoughts regarding this surgical office...please think long and hard about changing surgeons.  Yes, you might not get your original surgery date, BUT you might find another (possibly better) doctor that will be considerate of the date that you do get.  Once you have your surgery, you will find it very extremely difficult for another doctor to see you for your annual exams, etc.  I cannot emphasize this last statement enough...  Please consider all options.  Maybe your insurance will cover another doctor performing the surgery.  Generally, insurance only approves the type of surgery, but it is your choice as to who will be your surgeon.
Most Active