Going in today...

brenda549
on 12/17/09 9:25 pm - Duluth, GA
Surgery is today!!  I seem quite anxious.  I do not have to be at EJ****il 12:30.  So I am finding myself "nesting" around the house: laundry, dishes, cleaning out closets, anything to keep busy until then. 

Any last minute advice from those post op? 

Is there anything I can do about the cotton mouth I woke up with?  Brushing my teeth did not help.  I would LOVE a tall glass of water right now, but was told nothing after midnight last night. 
                                                HW357-CW235-GW150
            Join my journey at www.entirelybrenda.com.

lerkhart
on 12/17/09 9:53 pm
Good luck!!  Hope you have a very speedy recovery.
Be sure to take some chap stick with you, that helped me with the dry lips after surgery.

I wouldn't drink anything right now.

Let us know how you are doing.

Linda
14.5 lost pre-surgery  5'1 1/2"                                      LW-Apple-Gold-Small.jpg image by PlicketyCat
SandraS
on 12/17/09 10:18 pm - Richmond Hill, GA
This is an exciting day!!!  You can swish some water around in your mouth, just be sure to spit it out.
Sandra

Jeannie A.
on 12/17/09 10:29 pm - Stockbridge, GA
True nothing, but you might try to chew some gum, this till help keep your mouth moist.

I want to wish you a speddy recovery!

Hug's
Jeannie
Jeannie Armstrong   
OH Support Group Leader
RNY 07/27/06 
sw358/ cw 175/ qw 175 to 160

I have been blessed with God's Help!

For those in GEORGIA come and join us at PEDMONT HENRY MEDICAL CENTER in the EDUCATIONAL BUILDING in Foundation Board room the 4th TUESDAY of each month at 6:30pm.

http://www.obesityhelp.com/group/jeannie4759_group/tab,0/page,1/#my_groups_main:1

Atlanta_Laura
on 12/17/09 10:31 pm
Don't forget a firm pillow (like a decorator couch pillow) to press against your stomach when you sit up/down and get in and out of the car on the way home.

Also, even if you don't feel like you need pain meds before leaving the hospital, get them!  It took me several hours from when my doctor released me -- felt great then -- until I checked out and then got my prescriiptions filled.  Not fun!

See ya on the losers' bench!

-- Laura

High 240 -- Surgery 225 (ticker includes 15 pounds lost pre-op)

Most Active