Newbie with questions

(deactivated member)
on 12/18/09 3:09 am
Hi everyone. I'm pretty new here and have been doing lots of reading but haven't quite been able to find the info I need.  My insurance is changing in January to Kaiser GA and I wanted to know if anyone here has gone thru this process with them.  If so, what are their requirements and what is the process you have to go thru.  I checked the insurance board but it seems most people with Kaiser are in California and I'm not sure if the requirements are the same.  I have called Kaiser directly but apparently this is highly classifed information and all they will tell me is that they cover bariatric surgery if it's deemed medically necessary. 
Atlanta_Laura
on 12/18/09 4:24 am
When I was researching about a year ago, I was told that Kaiser only covers state (federal?) employees and Henry County employees.  I know a lot depends on your employer, so I don't know if the only employers were those that I mentioned or it's them and other specific employers.  My guess is it may have changed since then, but I don't know.  Hopefully someone will pop in with more info for you.  Also check www.kp.org and I know they have plan info there, but I don' know how detailed it is.

Good luck!

-- Laura

High 240 -- Surgery 225 (ticker includes 15 pounds lost pre-op)

Jade ..
on 12/20/09 8:34 am - GA
 We had kaiser for years with the state and they had a rider the excluded the surgery.  It really depends on what your employer picks up coverage-wise.  
HW 299 *~* SW 279 *~* CW 157 *~* GW 145 *~* My Blog 

Most Active