I just wanted to post!

Jeannie A.
on 12/15/09 1:02 am - Stockbridge, GA
Hello Friends,
I just wanted to let you know if you are just looking into have WLS that you really need to do your research. Because what ever type of surgery that you have it must be the one that you chose. These surgery no matter which one you choose, its just a tool and we have to work it the best way that we can.

1st: we must at all times stick to our surgerons protical, this is a must if you want to be able ot maintain your weight lose for life.

2nd: We must at all times remember that we have to take our vitamins and drink our water and eat our protien.

3rd: remember that if you start falling down to get back or stay within a support group in your area.

These are the main rules to be able to maintain a healthy life.

I'm 3.5 years post op and I still have small problems from time to time. My head wants to play games with me telling me that it is OK, to have the things that I know that I should not be having.

You will even find yourself at time wanting these things, but remember that someone here on OH will be here to SUPPORT YOU.

Jeannie Armstrong   
OH Support Group Leader
RNY 07/27/06 
sw358/ cw 175/ qw 175 to 160

I have been blessed with God's Help!

For those in GEORGIA come and join us at PEDMONT HENRY MEDICAL CENTER in the EDUCATIONAL BUILDING in Foundation Board room the 4th TUESDAY of each month at 6:30pm.

http://www.obesityhelp.com/group/jeannie4759_group/tab,0/page,1/#my_groups_main:1

curiouscat7
on 12/15/09 4:45 am
Jeanne

thanks for the post. I like the 1st point... it really is really important to follow the surgeons protocol... especially the first year... that is when we are changing habits to our new eating lifestyle for life and that's when we capitalize on the maximum wt loss...

It breaks my heart to see folks (especially early out) to be all over the map with the basics... protein, water,excersise and vitamins....

Not to say I haven't fallen ( not in the first 5 months, I'll have to say I was straight as an arrow) but I get right back up and adjust.... I'm happy to say at 8 months out I've lost 83% of what I need to loose....  I am thrilled and that alone motivates me to follow the Line...LOL

CC
View more of my photos at ObesityHelp.com
Jeannie A.
on 12/15/09 7:19 am - Stockbridge, GA
CC,
I'm so happy to see that you have done so well, and you are right especially very important the 1 year. But there are some like myself that needs to go back to the basic some times. Because going back has helped me stay on track and maintain.

Hug's
Jeannie
Jeannie Armstrong   
OH Support Group Leader
RNY 07/27/06 
sw358/ cw 175/ qw 175 to 160

I have been blessed with God's Help!

For those in GEORGIA come and join us at PEDMONT HENRY MEDICAL CENTER in the EDUCATIONAL BUILDING in Foundation Board room the 4th TUESDAY of each month at 6:30pm.

http://www.obesityhelp.com/group/jeannie4759_group/tab,0/page,1/#my_groups_main:1

Most Active