First time eating out!

CColeman
on 12/9/09 9:49 am
Today I am 50. I can't believe it as I type the letters to spell the words. I am thankful that I finally have taken control of my body. Ever since I was 15 years old I have said that I would lose the weight by the next major birthday, Then, when I am 25, 30, 40 and now 50. The only difference is that each time before I would lose 30 pounds and then gain 40. Each time another birthday would pass I would be disappointed  that I had again failed. So finally I have lost weight by my 50th birthday. Not all, mind you, I still have over 100 pounds to go, but now I see the light at the end of the tunnel. I have hope. Hope that I will not have diabetes or hypertension. Hope that I will not be in a wheel chair by the time I am 60. Hope that sometime in the near future I will walk without so much pain, continue to work at the job I love, and I will feel like hiking and doing all the things I love to do. I am so full of HOPE!
Tonight I went to a restaurant for the first time since surgery. I had refried beans and a baby spoon of guacamole and sour cream. It was wonderful. I can do this.

MARIA F.
on 12/9/09 10:28 am - Athens, GA
Happy B'day! Enjoy your new life!!!

FormerlyFluffy.com

LaShelle2
on 12/9/09 11:15 am, edited 12/9/09 11:16 am - STOCKBRIDGE, GA
Happy Birthday. Who needs cake and ice cream when you can

have a whole new life! I hope your special day was filled with

lots of love.  Here's to another 50 years to come,  happier and

healthier than the past 50.

lerkhart
on 12/9/09 10:38 pm
Happy Birthday to you!!!  Congratulations on taking control of your life.

Linda
14.5 lost pre-surgery  5'1 1/2"                                      LW-Apple-Gold-Small.jpg image by PlicketyCat
CColeman
on 12/10/09 8:53 am
Thanks everyone!

Paige F.
on 12/11/09 9:09 am
I am a little late...HAPPY BIRTHDAY!  You're going to do GREAT!
PAIGE            
Most Active