Scared to shop for

Rhondazn
on 12/5/09 2:34 am, edited 12/5/09 2:37 am - Oxford, GA
I think I am scared to shop for new clothes. I know that all the clothes I have now are WAY to big.  but the thought of going shopping I am afraid that the size I get may be bigger than I think it should be, because all my old clothes are stretch out.

Does this make since? Does anyone else out their have this problem?

Rhonda

Patience is Trusting God's Timimg!

Don 1962
on 12/5/09 4:01 am
Rhonda,

Unless you have to look spectacular for your job, like an attorney in court, try not to invest too much in "new" new clothes.  Hit the thrift shops for "gently used" new clothes instead. 

Clothes shopping can be a trip post-op.  You look at the size and think to yourself "how am I going to get my fat ass in this?".  Sure enough the smaller size fits well.

Never, and I mean NEVER, trust a fart!! 

LaShelle2
on 12/5/09 4:32 am - STOCKBRIDGE, GA
Well I will volunteer my shopanista skills and my brutally honest opinion, if you want a shopping buddy to give you some guidance.

My problem is the opposite. I try to squeeze in the smallest size possible, so I will have a little shrinking room.

Have you tried Goodwill in Conyers and Covington? I think they both have plus size racks.

**** I AM AN OH SUPPORT GROUP LEADER ****
WHY I CHOSE DS: 
No dumping.  Highest percentage of weight loss, Best long term results,  Won't regain weight!  Eat normal sized meals,  96% diabeties, 90% high blood pressure, 80% sleep apnea cured.                                    I  MY DS!
My doctor told me to stop having intimate dinners for four unless there were three other people.    ~Orson Wells  

Rhondazn
on 12/5/09 9:22 am - Oxford, GA
Thanks
I have gone in the thrift stores, but the way the clothes are set up scares me too (in the goodwill they only go by color not size).
LaShell I am going to have to take you up on the offer for shopping.  I have only been to the one in conyers.
The on in covington is newer.
My shopping experiece before was if it fits I am ok with it. So I need lots of help.
Rhonda

Patience is Trusting God's Timimg!

Jade ..
on 12/5/09 12:46 pm - GA
 isn't the goodwill set up SUPER annoying?!  I hate it!  it takes HOURS to go through their stuff.  ridiculous.  
HW 299 *~* SW 279 *~* CW 157 *~* GW 145 *~* My Blog 

LaShelle2
on 12/6/09 1:10 am - STOCKBRIDGE, GA

Just call me when you want to go. I am always in the mood to shop.  If you ask for the plus sized section at Goodwill it is a little easier to narrow down the choices.   When you get down to regular sizes, just go in with a little patience and prepare to spend an hour or so.

**** I AM AN OH SUPPORT GROUP LEADER ****
WHY I CHOSE DS: 
No dumping.  Highest percentage of weight loss, Best long term results,  Won't regain weight!  Eat normal sized meals,  96% diabeties, 90% high blood pressure, 80% sleep apnea cured.                                    I  MY DS!
My doctor told me to stop having intimate dinners for four unless there were three other people.    ~Orson Wells  

lrod1329
on 12/10/09 4:04 am
Is it easy to find the Goodwill in Conyers and Covington?  I know where the Walmart is in Covington (off 142??? or the old Walmart, not sure if they have a new one or not) and I know where Pet Smart is in Conyers is located.  I used to work in Decatur off of Pathersville Road, so sometimes I would cut through Covington and other times I would come home by 1-20.
(deactivated member)
on 12/6/09 2:04 am - GA
I understand the fear of shopping....but hear is a thought for the most often question this time of year....What do you want for Christmas this year ???  Tell them gift cards if they are to clothing stores.   I know it is so unimaginative, but they will be your best friend when you are ready to shop in regular stores...
MSW will not settle
on 12/6/09 8:09 am
Try everything on and go for a little snug as opposed to a little loose.  Don't buy much.  Just get what's necessary to not go naked.  I wish I understood that for me inches come off quicker than pounds.  I did not buy a lot but I got very little wear out of anything I've bought. 

No good second hand shops in my part of S GA but we do have Prefferred Outlets (I-75, exit 5) with one store where nothing is over $10 and Liz Claiborne Outlet, nothing over $20.  They were life savers for a winter wardrobe at around $120 including a coat. 

MSW   Roux-En-Y Gastric Bypass: Eat sensibly & enjoy moderation  

Links:  Are you a compulsive eater?  for help OA meets on-line Keep Coming Back, One Day At a Time  Overeaters Anonymous 

LV'N MY RNY.  WORKING FOR ME BECAUSE I WORK FOR IT. 

lrod1329
on 12/10/09 3:59 am
Is that near Valdosta?  That might be worth the drive.  I LOVE outlet shopping.  Something there for my entire family, not just me.
Most Active